Senior Principal Engineer, Customer Solutions Latin America
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This position applies system level communications engineering knowledge to provide pre-sales and post-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers, and the sales organization, to drive revenues and ensure customer satisfaction. The Principal Customer Solutions Engineer (CSE) helps identify customer needs then designs technical and operational solutions adapted to these needs and to customer-perceived risks. The CSE manages the senior technical relationship with the customer for the entire life cycle of the service, including supporting the company's operations teams and the customer during times of technical/operational difficulties.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative technical customer relationships so that the customer experiences Intelsat's technical and operational excellence.
- Work with all levels of the customer organization to help the sales team identify the customer's needs and technical and financial drivers.
- Perform communications system design and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet both the customer needs and Intelsat's strategies.
- Support the sales team with customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications.
- Support satellite grooming initiatives by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, sales, yield management, and operations to help achieve desired capacity optimizations at minimum costs to Intelsat and maximum benefit/minimum disruption to the customers.
- Support satellite transitions and role consolidation activities by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, and sales to achieve smooth and effective transitions.
- Use the knowledge gained by working directly with customers to provide market intelligence to the Product Management and New Product Development teams, helping to guide product evolution and new product developments.
- Provide customer training on Intelsat products, customer tools, and Intelsat operations.
- Maintain current knowledge of satellite communications technology developments that enable the provision of more cost effective and efficient customer solutions.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Physics, Math or another relevant field.
- At least ten years of applicable experience, preferably including some experience working with satellite networks.
- Effective command of the Spanish and English language, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of communications network engineering/design and the economics of satellite communications solutions.
- Experience with state-of-the art industry products for ground segment equipment and terrestrial networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience in vendor VSAT Corporate Networks products and market trends for corporate and private networks.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry and transmission technologies.
- Knowledge of the Broadcast industry and video distribution technologies.
- Knowledge of the sales/buying processes and demonstrated ability to engage and develop trusting relationships with customers, at all levels, and internally with sales directors.
- Experience and training in proposal development and customer presentations.
- Ability to travel internationally to meet the needs of the business.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.