Employee Benefits Representative
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
EchoStar is seeking an Employee Benefits Representative in the Germantown, Maryland office. The primary purpose of this role is to assist employees with benefits, maintain data integrity and accurate employee information in our benefit enrollment system, manage all monthly insurance billing, and organize wellness events and activities.
* Act as primary contact for plan participants and newly eligible employees on medical, dental, vision, FSAs, EAP, COBRA, 401(k) and secondary contact for HSA, life, accident, disability, and leaves of absence.
* Administer employee benefit programs in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and established company policies.
* Work with internal and external partners and carriers to research and resolve administrative, operational or other benefits related issues in a timely manner.
* Consistently deliver professional, courteous, accurate, and timely customer service in response to employee inquiries.
* Prepare and maintain electronic employee files, ensuring accuracy and compliance. Handle confidential information with integrity.
* Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs.
* Conduct benefits orientations in person and via phone during New Hire Orientation.
* Assist with annual Open Enrollment process, from system testing to informational meetings and individual enrollment support.
* Organize wellness initiatives such as the annual health fair and wellness activities.
* Represent the Company, the Human Resources department, and the Benefits Office in a professional and positive manner.
* Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources, or equivalent experience
* 2-4 years of experience in benefits, related benefits administration, or relevant work experience
* Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Experience working in HR database programs, preferably Workday and SAP
* Knowledge of Company policies/procedures & benefit package or the ability & willingness to learn
* Effective communication skills, oral & written
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Great attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize workload with minimal supervision and consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
* Ability to multi-task, be a team-player, and work in a fast-paced environment
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.