Legal Intern - Summer 2019
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Resumes should include applicant's current grade point average, class rank (if applicable), writing experience (no writing samples), and relevant employment experience. Writing sample, law school transcript, and references to be provided upon request.Candidates must possess excellent research, writing and cite checking skills.
Preference will be given to applicants who have law journal experience.
Applicants must have completed at least two semesters of study at an accredited law school prior to starting the internship. Candidates must be currently enrolled in law school and must be in good academic standing,
- This position is in the excepted service and does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive Civil Service.
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship or, for noncitizens, proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation.Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Employment_of_Non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf.
- A background security investigation is required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to a selectee's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. A background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time.
- All new Commission employees must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of pay before appointment, mandated by the Federal Compensation Act.
- All new Commission employees, those converted from a temporary appointment to a permanent appointment, and all rehired former Commission employees are required to serve a one year probationary period.The probationary period begins on the effective date of the employee's appointment, conversion, or rehire.
- If appointed to a temporary position, management may have the discretion of converting the position to permanent depending upon funding and staffing allocation.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Commission evaluates applicants through a structured interview. Applicants may also be screened for some jobs through a narrative/application review, and/or a preliminary telephone interview. Applicants may be required to take a skills assessment test. Applicants who do not address the qualification requirements (mandatory and preferred) in his or her application materials as stated in the vacancy announcement are automatically disqualified from consideration and must re-apply before the closing date to be considered for employment.Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No