SUPERVISORY SECURITY SPECIALIST (PERSONNEL)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened from the Office of Personnel Management's (OPMs) basic qualifications requirements. See:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0000/security-administration-series-0080/ for OPM qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by 02/19/2019
Applicant must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly related to the work of the position to be filled. Experience must be reflected in your resume.
Specialized experience required for this position is:
- Knowledge of laws, Executive Orders, directives, policies, and procedures governing the conduct of personnel security investigations and adjudications which includes Executive Order, Intelligence Community Directive 704 (ICD 704), Security Executive Agent Directive 4 (SEAD), Federal Investigative Standards (FIS), the Smith Amendment, DoD Regulation 5200.2-R, Public Law 99-169, and Security Clearance and Information Act.
- Use of technical investigative/adjudicative repositories to include the Intelligence Community database (Scattered Castles) and the DoD's Joint Program Adjudications Systems (JPAS).
- Ensures the safeguarding of classified information and the protection of personnel security files.
- Creating and analyzing statistical information related to performance measurements.
- Plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium-sized organization comprised of civilian, military, and contractor personnel.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
1. Organizational Awareness
2. Security Adjudication
3. Technical Competence
4. Personnel and Security
5. Classification Management
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at: DOD GEN APP INFO
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
This position is a Senior Performance Level DCIPS position. DCIPS Senior Performance Level positions include GS/GG-13. The NRO is accepting applications from both Federal Government employees and non-federal government employees for this position. Federal government employees, who currently are GS/GG-13, or equivalent, may only apply for lateral reassignment at their current grade level and step.
VETERANS PREFERENCE CURRENT OR FORMER FEDERAL
In accordance with DoD Instructions 1400.25 Volume 2005, veterans preference is not required to be applied when considering candidates with prior Federal competitive or excepted service who have completed a probationary or trial period and have not been separated for cause. Therefore, veterans preference will not be applied to applicants with current federal service, or former federal civilian service meeting the above criteria.
All current and former civilian Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, salary, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive); or similar Notification of Personnel Action documentation, i.e., Transcript of Service, Form 1150, etc.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at:
General Application Information
- Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year trial period.
- If selected, Federal employees currently serving in the competitive service must acknowledge that they will voluntarily leave the competitive service by accepting an offer of employment for a DCIPS excepted service positions.
- If selected, NON-DCIPS candidates must acknowledge in writing that the position they have been selected for is in the excepted service and covered by DCIPS.
- Selection under this appointment authority does not confer civil service competitive status.
- All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.