Technical Director for the Air Force Studies Analyses and Assessments Directorate
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
A. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
(1) Education Requirement:
For 1515, Operations Research Series:
- Degree: in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
(2) Experience: Candidate must have three (3) years of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-15/GG-15/Pay Band 4/5) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include experience in operations research, advanced analytics involving "big data", data science, applied mathematics, modeling and simulation, some scientific or engineering disciplines, weapons system analyses, and wargaming.
B. MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (TQs): A supplemental statement must be submitted separately addressing each TQ. TQs must provide specific examples that address relevant experience and accomplishments. Applicants should focus on recent experience, education, and training, as some Recruitment Panel and Executive Resources Board members may consider experience that's over 10 years old to be outdated. Applicants must reflect superior technical qualifications demonstrated through leadership and management in the following:
1. Extensive experience in military operations research to evaluate cutting-edge developments in science and technology.
2. Demonstrated ability in data science to review and evaluate the use of analytic models and data science applications.
3. Broad experience with tactical, operational, and strategic weapons system analyses to drive next generation modeling & simulation for decision support and develop analytic research and development programs.
4. Extensive knowledge of the planning, programming, budgeting and execution system (PPBES) able to evaluate fiscal forecast analyses for the CSAF via Air Force Corporate Structure.
C. SENIOR PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants should focus on recent experience, education, and training, as some Recruitment Panel and Executive Resources Board members may consider experience that's over 10 years old to be outdated. Supplemental statement addressing the following:
(1) Contributions: Achievements that impacted the organizations mission and contributed to knowledge advancements in the fields of operations research, modeling & simulation, and data analytics.
(2) Leadership: Recognized leader in the application of the fields as evidenced by personal impact to and enhancement of the organizations capability and scope.
(3) Professional Stature: Recognized standing as indicated by memberships and activity in professional organizations and/or within the larger DoD/Industry professional community. This includes citations, honors, awards, patents, and publications and other forms of recognition, such as requests for professional consultation, which indicate acceptance by peer group as an authoritative source in the field.
D. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: The following will be used to help rate and rank eligible candidates:
(1) A PhD in operations research or equivalent academic research credentials is highly desirable.
(2) Mix of experience at the following: Center/Base/Installations/Operating Location, Major Command (MAJCOM), Combatant Command (COCOM), Service Component, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Staff, Headquarters Air Force (HAF), and other Federal agency or equivalent academic/industry experience.
(3) Completion of Professional Military Education/Senior Development Education and/or equivalent executive development such as Leadership in a Democratic society, Senior Executive Fellows, national security management, Leadership Assessment & Feedback Seminar, Executive Business Management, and/or tow equivalent level executive courses from other colleges, universities, or agencies.
For 1515, Operations Research Series
Degree: in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated against the foregoing qualification requirements. Failure to meet any one of the mandatory technical or senior professional qualification standards will eliminate a candidate from further consideration. A screening panel will evaluate the candidates for this position composed of a diverse mix of senior executives selected for organizational and/or functional backgrounds relevant to this position. The panel members will individually review each of the applications in terms of qualifications criteria contained in this announcement. The qualifications stated are the minimum requirements of the position to be Qualified, a rating schedule will be applied by screening panel to determine which candidates are considered to be Best Qualified. Then, they will meet to discuss each application, and reach a consensus decision as to the best candidates based upon consistently applied criteria. The panel will then make a recommendation of these best-qualified candidates who should be referred to the selecting official, in priority order. Final selection of a candidate is contingent upon the Air Force Executive Resources Board and the Under Secretary of the Air Force approval.Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes