Budget Analyst - MP
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the announcement closing date.
You may start at the GS-11 grade level at $68,036.00 or GS-12 grade level at $81,548.00, if you meet the following minimum qualification requirements in addition to the education requirement listed under the Eligibility Requirements:
Specialized Experience at the GS-11 level: 3 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR One year of specialized experience at the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the private sector applying budget, policies, and practices. Examples may include posting budgetary resources, running execution reports and reprogramming actions.
Examples may include: posting budgetary resources, running execution reports and reprogramming actions.
Specialized Experience at the GS-12 level: One year of experience at the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the private sector applying budget, policies, theories, OMB A-11, concepts and practices as well as knowledge of automated financial management and accounting systems software functions.
Examples may include: familiarity with the requirements called out in A-11 when building a budget justification, FTE usage, object classes, reporting and timelines, etc.
To be considered under a special hiring authority such as the Schedule A appointing authority for persons with disabilities; the Veterans' Recruitment Appointment(VRA) authority; the direct-hire authority to appoint veterans with service-connected disabilities of 30 percent or more; Peace Corps or VISTA service; or another excepted service/special hire authority, you must submit documentation to support your claim for eligibility with your application package. For more details, visit Federal Hiring Flexibilities.
PBGC encourages qualified applicants with disabilities to apply. Applicants with disabilities who are interested in learning more about job opportunities under the Schedule A Hiring Authority and other available hiring flexibilities and authorities are encouraged to contact PBGC’s Selective Placement Program Coordinator, Donald Beasley, at (202) 326-4000 ext. 3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TTY/TDD users should call the federal relay service at (800) 877-8339 and ask to be connected to (202) 326-4000 ext 3637.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Referral: You will be assigned to one of three quality groups. Each group represents a quality level (i.e., Best Qualified, Qualified, Minimally Qualified). Candidates will be considered in quality group order. If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices).
If your resume does not support the answers you gave on the assessment questionnaire, you may be rated Not Qualified or you may be placed in a lower quality group.
Your name will be placed in one of the three following quality groups:
- Best-Qualified - highly proficient regarding the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) related to this position.
- Qualified - competent regarding the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) related to this position.
- Minimally Qualified- possessing only the minimum qualifications required for this position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs):
1. skill in developing written strategies for presenting and defending the budget to senior leadership, and OMB officials
2. skill in the use of a computer to develop issue papers and statistical spreadsheets for the analysis and presentation of budget data
3. skill in applying knowledge of budget formulation and execution procedures and processes
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 80 or above based on the competencies listed above (which is equivalent to PBGC’s “qualified” quality group); and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs.
Candidates who apply under Competitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are best qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the assessment questionnaire. The best qualified candidates will be referred if all other requirements are met.
Candidates who apply under Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are minimally qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the assessment questionnaire. The minimally qualified candidates will be referred if all other requirements are met.
Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No