Information Technology Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Fiscal Services Department seeks a motivated, competent Application Analyst to serve as part of the Finance Administrative Systems Team (FAST). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Department: The mission of FAST is to support Fiscal Services and its customers by automating processes, improving existing systems, and developing controls and reports that make the financial operations of the university more accurate and efficient. FAST applies a combination of functional and technical resources to analyze day-to-day functional needs and generate technology solutions, bridging the language and knowledge gap between accountants and the Information Technology Services (ITS) and serving as the liaison with the ITS for system testing of enhancements, releases and upgrades.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for creating technical solutions to business problems, analyzing and automating processes, developing scripts or programs for creating interface files, and writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to meet intradepartmental data needs using Banner ERP and other databases. Some of the tools used are: Oracle SQL Developer, Unix Shell scripts, PuTTY, FileZilla, Automic Applications Manager, and Oracle Application Express (APEX). This is a technical position that provides development, analytical and production operational support in an Ellucian Banner enterprise resource planning (ERP) environment. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with functional areas to understand and support numerous complex business processes and procedures;
- Help internal functional business users become more efficient and effective in using Ellucian Banner and associated systems, Web applications, and both COTS and custom tools;
- Develop standard and complex PL/SQL programs and SQL queries against Oracle databases (Ellucian Banner ERP);
- Develop effective and efficient solutions for data extracts used for decision-making;
- Develop technical solutions (programs) for automation of manual processes, creation of data files for load into Banner ERP and/or upload to external systems;
- Write UNIX shell scripts, and configure and manage secure data transfer processes with Mason departments and external partners;
- Assist in resolving technical issues that arise within Banner and related systems;
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of finance and technical process documentation;
- Work collaboratively with central IT staff and other departments to support testing of system enhancements, patches, releases and upgrades;
- Perform SDLC (systems development life cycle) activities such as collecting user requirements, writing functional specifications and user manuals, developing test cases, and testing end-to-end solutions in partnership with the end-user community; and
- Support project management activities (e.g. developing scope, scheduling tasks/resources, tracking and documenting status).
- An undergraduate degree in computer information systems, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Current work experience developing in an ERP environment, using strong knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle objects (stored procedures, views, indexes, etc.);
- Strong Unix experience, and job scheduling, managing file transfer processes via SFTP, and writing Unix shell scripts;
- Experience performing functional business and technical user support in a ERP environment;
- Experience providing production operational support for complex ERP (enterprise) applications;
- Experience writing requirements documentation, design specifications and test cases;
- Experience working in environment utilizing project management principles and SDLC processes;
- Ability to learn quickly, multitask and work independently; and
- Ability and motivation to learn and adopt (implement) new technologies and processes.
- Current demonstrated experience with ERP Finance and/or Accounts Receivable modules (Ellucian Banner) in large and complex higher education environment.
- Current experience extracting, creating, loading interface data files to interact with external system, or load data from external sources to ERP (Ellucian Banner) tables;
- Experience developing and supporting online solutions via a web application development tool (e.g. Dynamic Forms , Oracle Application Express, Banner Workflow or similar platform);
- Experience testing ERP (enterprise) application software patches, releases and upgrades;
- Experience with code version control.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01980z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :