Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
Put your research skills and data analysis experience to work for one of the world's most trusted and respected news sources. As Market Research Analyst for The Washington Post, you'll conduct primary research projects and analyze syndicated research data to help advertising and other business units throughout the organization understand our audience and make smart business decisions. You'll also monitor media industry trends, keeping stakeholders informed of what is currently happening and changing in media and advertising. Working closely with our world-class Advertising and Marketing departments, and our award-winning Newsroom, you'll help pave the way for bigger and bolder successes in the future.
- Analyze syndicated research data to assist Advertising Sales in quantifying the value of The Post's audience against top competitors
- Respond to ad-hoc inquiries from sales team, and create regular quarterly reports in Excel
- Monitor media and advertising industry trends. Provide personalized research and industry trend reports and data based on individual business units' needs.
- Attend ongoing Advertising Sales team meetings to become familiar with ongoing client services projects and research needs
- Evaluate syndicated research vendors to help ensure company data needs are met as effectively and cost efficiently as possible
- Assist in conducting custom primary research projects for Washington Post advertising clients.
- These advertising effectiveness studies measure the impact of Post digital advertising on brand awareness, favorability and intent to use, and help clients make informed decisions on future ad creative, design, and placement strategy.
- A majority of these projects will support The Washington Post's Brand Studio clients. For information on Brand Studio, visit www.washingtonpost.com/sf/brand-connect/brand-studio/
- Manage all phases of the research process, from study design to completion and reporting
- Develop questionnaire instruments for web surveys
- Coordinate the fielding of survey instruments with third party panel providers
- Create customized research presentations in PowerPoint for internal and external clients
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in primary research and/or data analysis (experience working in media industry desired)
- Extensive experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience working with syndicated research databases (ie. comScore, Nielsen Scarborough, eMarketer )
- Experience with Qualtrics or other online survey tool
- Experience with SPSS or other statistical software (desired)