The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics is seeking an experienced Membership Manager who will be responsible for managing the full membership life-cycle from prospecting to retention and increased engagement, coordinating and assisting with delivering first-rate customer service, and supervising the Membership Coordinator.
- Work with the Managing Director and Marketing Project Manager to develop and implement a membership recruitment, retention and engagement strategy that focuses on keeping members engaged and growing membership.
- Produce membership reports such as member counts, demographics, renewal and retention statistics. Also generate reports to measure results of the membership campaigns and overall growth. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manage the Monthly Renewal Calling campaign and report results.
- In collaboration with staff and volunteers, take the lead in developing and maintaining a pipeline of member prospects.
- Collaborate with Section and Student Branch leaders on local member recruitment efforts.
- Work with Managing Director to identify opportunities to collaborate and/or partner with other organizations that meet our strategic objectives.
- Develop and manage a process for obtaining member feedback on programs and services (e.g. member kiosk at Forums). Recommend and implement enhancements and/or new member programs and services that are aligned with member needs and feedback.
- Serve as the Liaison to the Associate Fellow Selection Committee. Manage the annual submission, review and notification processes for the Associate Fellows Program.
- Coordinate the Associate Fellows Dinner that takes place in conjunction with the SciTech Forum.
- Work with Marketing Project Manager to develop membership marketing and outreach materials.
- Work with communications to coordinate an annual campaign to encourage members to update their profile.
- Serve as key staff member for the Member Career Center including job postings and job board.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Answer and respond to telephone, e-mail, web, online communities and postal mail inquiries.
- Develop and ensure adherence to the policies and procedures on data entry, correspondence and customer inquiries.
- Assist the Coordinator with the processing of all membership payments and record changes.
- Provide feedback on member/customer experiences (e.g. navigating the AIAA website, promotional mailings, etc.).
- Recommend changes to the new member benefits in keeping with member feedback.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify problems and take appropriate action within AIAA guidelines with minimal direction
- Excellent team player with proven ability to work collaboratively with all constituent groups
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize work
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in membership or similar customer-service oriented role
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Experience working in a non-profit setting preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with Association Management Systems, (e.g. Abila’s Netforum Enterprise System) preferred
- Ability to adapt to high volume work periods as required
- Travel three- five times per year to AIAA events
To apply, email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work At AIAA?
Make a real difference in the aerospace industry! Assist us in positioning aerospace for its exciting future while celebrating the industry’s pioneering accomplishments. As an AIAA employee, you will enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including:
- 37.5-hr work week
- 11 holidays + vacation and sick leave
- Great location off the Dulles Toll Road near the new Reston Silver Line Metro
- Awarded ‘Best Workplaces for Commuters’ by Fairfax County Transit Authority and the National Center for Transit Research
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance with low co-pays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with generous match
- Group Term Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Educational assistance
- Health club and Weight Watchers subsidy
AIAA is the largest aerospace professional society in the world, serving an innovative, high-value workforce that helps make the world safer, more connected, more accessible, and more prosperous. We represent a profession whose great work has produced everything from the brilliant innovations that affect daily living to the major missions that fuel our collective human drive to explore and to accomplish amazing things.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
12700 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191