Howard Community College - Cyber/ Cloud Security Faculty
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Howard Community College (HCC) seeks dynamic and highly qualified individual to join the faculty of the Business and Computer Systems division to teach in the fields of Cloud Computing, Cloud Security and Cybersecurity.
HCC offers quality transfer degree programs in Cyber Technology with robust technical programs, and is known for its outreach to the community as an active partner with strong presence in workforce development. The college also works in partnership with local schools offering program for students who need preparatory work in Cybersecurity to be successful in college-level coursework. Daytime, evening and weekend courses are taught at HCC.
HCC has been recognized as a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-2Y) by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the work of the College to maintain and deliver the courses maintaining CAE national standards.
All programs in the Business Computer Systems Division have been accredited by Accreditation Educational Services (AES). The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the work of the division to maintain this nationally recognized accreditation.
The successful candidate will take teaching assignments to deliver lectures in Cyber and Cloud security and prepare and assist students with hands on work in the Cyber Lab. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop and deliver additional course materials at associate degree level as this is dictated by the fast growing nature of the fields of Cyber Technology.
The candidate will also work with an interdisciplinary team of faculty teaching Cybersecurity, CISCO, Linux, Computer Science, Cloud Computing and Cloud Security, supporting the success and growth of the Cyber Technology programs. Other responsibilities of the candidate include but are not limited to designing, developing and assessing courseware in curriculum areas. In addition, serving on departmental and college committees and taking a role as an academic advisor and mentor are part of the position responsibilities.
- Teaching including hands on work in the Cyber and CISCO Labs
- Development and delivery of course materials on the College LMS
- Participation in departmental and college committees
- Serving as an academic advisor and mentor
- Discipline coordination including hiring and support of adjunct faculty in their teaching and development, management of course scheduling and curriculum.
- Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) and five years of work experience as Cybersecurity professional
- Other technical qualifications: CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CCNA, Cloud Fundamentals, CISSP, SANS, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), are strongly desired
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, Linux, CISCO, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessment is required
- Experience in college-level teaching in Cybersecurity, Cyber Technologies and Cloud Computing is also required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience collaborating with industry on Cybersecurity work
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team to achieve project goals
- Commitment to working collaboratively with a network of faculty, institutions and industry involved in both the CAE 2Y and CyberWatch programs
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Compensation: Starting salary of $49,167 but commensurate with experience/education
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration, Submit By: February 28, 2019
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Teaching philosophy