Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Any veteran released or discharged from active duty within the previous two years, but due to a military service obligation, was precluded from applying for a recent graduate position during any portion of the two-year eligibility period following completion of applicable degree, and not more than six years have transpired since completing the requirements for the degree
Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Pathways Guidelines . You can also visit: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/index-Standards.asp for additional qualification standards. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=Group-Standards
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
YOUR TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT COVERS:
- Participant Agreement
- Orientation program
- Mentorship throughout the Program
- Individual Training & Development Plan to assist with career planning, professional development, and training activities
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the Program
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Recent Graduates who are selected for conversion must have completed all requirements of the program successfully
- Demonstrated successful job performance consistent with the applicable performance appraisal program
- Met the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) qualification standard for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click "Learn more about this agency" button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" or equivalent eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
If qualified, we will then place you in one of the three categories described below:
1. Best-qualified category: Bachelors or Masters Degree with an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher in any of the following degree programs: Business Management, Communications, Criminal Justice, Cyber Security, Education, English, Homeland Security, Intelligence, Journalism, Psychology, Public Administration, Risk Management, Security Management, or Sociology. Desired Traits: Adaptability, attention to detail, critical thinker, interpersonal and organizational skills, public speaking, and self-motivated attributes are noteworthy.
2. Highly-qualified category: Bachelor's or Master's Degree with an overall GPA between 3.25 to 3.49 with a degree program and desired traits specified above.
3. Qualified category: Bachelor's or Master's Degree with an overall 2.95 to 3.24 GPA with any degree program and desired traits specified above.
Applicants in the Best-qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for further review. Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.