Learning Design and Experience
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 4.1
University of Maryland University College seeks a Program Manager. Reporting to the Vice Provost, the LD&E Program Manager will work collaboratively and independently to provide learning program development, management, and execution expertise in planning, design, creation, piloting, delivery, and measurement of global learning solutions tied to strategic learning initiatives.
The LD&E PM must understand learning systems and delivery solutions and options to be able to advise key stakeholders on the best options. The LD&E PM must also be able to assist with the planning and prioritization of projects and drive operational efficiency in the delivery of learning and design experiences. Last, the LD&E PM will be tasked with driving completion of initiatives of varying size and complexity through a heavily matrixed environment, within tight deadlines. The LD&E PM should be able to understand the needs of the academic business area along with the right tools and technologies to support these efforts.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work closely with the VP, Learning Design and Experience, academic project directors, LD&E AVPs, and school leadership to manage aspects of learning projects from inception/concept (business case/roadmap/charter) through delivery as appropriate.
- Lead and mentor a team of project managers to be accountable and responsible for projects in a transparent and productive way.
- Apply standard project management practice to:
- Develop the project's key objectives, scope, success criteria and communicate them effectively across the project team.
- Plan, schedule, and track project deliverables and milestones using Microsoft Project and other tools
- Manage project issues and risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Analyze requirements by demonstrating strong process/solution/product knowledge, IT Scenarios, implementation and technology constraints.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct user acceptance testing.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Effectively collaborate and consult on large-scale initiatives managed through the Project Management Office (PMO) representing the needs of the academic community.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time/on budget, exceeding stakeholders' expectations.
- Communicate formally and informally through new and existing forums to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management.
- Lead project meetings with broad cross-functional teams to communicate the status of various projects, discuss issues/risks, and understand the impact of any changes to business requirements.
- Initiate and facilitate planning meetings, scoping projects, establish success metrics, analyze data while maintaining focus on student experience.
- Perform other critical tasks as required by Vice Provost and LDE AVP for Strategy.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to professional growth in program management and other key areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8 years of work experience including 6+ years as a Project or Program Manager or a comparable position in a mid-to large-sized organization
- Experience with independently managing complex projects related to higher education, academic administration, and other closely related initiatives
- Experience with other cross-functional initiatives is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Instructional Design or Instructional Technology from an accredited institution of higher learning
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Formalized project management training and certifications (PMP)
- Advanced Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Business analysis training and certifications
- Quality assurance training and certifications
- Commercial work experience in any of the following environments: Business Process, Web-based applications, SAAS, ERP, CRM, Content Management Systems, Learning Management Systems, and Infrastructure.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.