Admin Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Executive Assistant to Vice President of Compliance, Diversity & Ethics/Oï¬ƒce Manager
George Mason University, Compliance, Diversity and Ethics office (CDE) is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and ambitious individual to join the team as an Executive Assistant to the Vice President/Oï¬ƒce Manager. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Compliance, Diversity and Ethics provides leadership and support on matters relating to equity, diversity, access, respect and inclusiveness for all members of the George Mason University community.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment. This office is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity, as well as a culture of integrity and a community that values shared responsibility. Our mission is to build Mason into a world-class model of inclusive academic excellence.
The Executive Assistant to Vice President CDE/Oï¬ƒce Manager provides exceptional administrative support and the highest level of service and customer satisfaction while effectively managing the oï¬ƒce support staff.
- Provides full administrative support for the Vice President and senior staff;
- Supervises oï¬ƒce support staff and maintains their schedule for oï¬ƒce coverage;
- Manages the office calendars of the Vice President and senior staff and schedules and maintains on-going and/or ad hoc meetings and appointments;
- Ensures all agendas and supporting documentation are prepared for each dayâ€™s appointments;
- Conï¬rms attendance at meetings as required, arranges meetings, coordinates space, equipment, catering, and room setup according to program requirements;
- Arranges travel and registration for out of town meetings and conferences, as necessary;
- Orders supplies and tracks expenditures;
- Represents the department and responds to university faculty, staff, administration, students, parents, state oï¬ƒcials, media, and/or the general public regarding requests for information, complaints and problems, etc.;
- Serves as HR liaison for the office, managing job postings and applicant data in the Universityâ€™s applicant tracking system, coordinating job interviews, maintaining staff personnel records and processing personnel transaction forms, performance reviews, and the like;
- Prepares, or oversees preparation of, university faculty/staff hiring proposals for review and approval by the Vice President or designated senior staff using the Universityâ€™s applicant tracking system;
- Develops reports from Banner Finance application, creates spreadsheets tracking particular expenditures such as subscription renewals, professional memberships, conference and training attendance and travel;
- Assists customers with issues and ensures that front desk staff can do the same;
- Screens all incoming mail and takes action or redirects it to the appropriate university oï¬ƒce for response
- Commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity, as well as a culture of integrity
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Oï¬ƒce Suite experience;
- Demonstrated signiï¬cant oï¬ƒce management, including supervisory, experience;
- Experience using an HRIS such as Banner, experience using on-line procurement systems;
- Experience creating and maintaining databases;
- Ability to collaborate and work well with diverse individuals with differing needs;
- Ability to work well with co-workers;
- Effective interpersonal communication;
- Ability to maintain strict conï¬dentiality in all appropriate areas while maintaining a positive and solution oriented demeanor;
- Ability to work independently, utilize sound judgment, prioritize work and willingness to be ï¬‚exible.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills; and
- Ability to make rapid, independent decisions regarding high priority requests Preferred Qualiï¬cations:
- Demonstrated experience in higher education;
- Ability to work as part of a cooperative team to solve compliance as well as interoï¬ƒce issues;
- Ability to communicate with staff and faculty with all levels of education;
- Speciï¬c training on university policies or policies from similar institutions and procedures to include purchasing, budget, corporate calendar, etc.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :