Full Stack Developer - Contract to Hire
6 days left
- Full Time
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is seeking a candidate for our open full stack developer role. In this role, you will work in tandem with editorial and business partners to build leading edge media products that have a material impact on The Washington Post and the industry. This is a contract to hire opportunity and will be located in DC or Chicago. We are looking for candidates that have at least 2 years of full stack experience. Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
* Help design and develop exciting new features that help power our mobile apps
* Identify, troubleshoot, and solve complex problems
* Build a deep understanding of our use of AWS technologies
* Continuously look for ways to improve what we're doing and how we do it
* Participate in agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience.
* Strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals
* Strong experience with AWS technologies
* 3+ years experience with Spring, Play!, React JS, Angular, ExpressJS or other popular development frameworks
* Strong knowledge of RESTful services and other server-side principles
* Solid understanding of unit and integration testing principals and tools
* Familiarity with serverless architectures and patterns
* Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
* Solid understanding of Version Control principles, preferably using Git, Github, and Pull Requests
* Familiarity with Agile/Scrum