CIVIL ENGINEER - CAPITAL DESIGN
Loudoun Water is the water and wastewater authority serving Loudoun County, Virginia – a suburb of Washington, DC and one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. The County is home to a population of 390,000 residents, and continued growth is anticipated, bolstered by a new mass transportation link to DC. Keeping up and successfully staying ahead of the pace of development has been our trademark – and we are looking for new people to join us!
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for an entry-level engineer in its Capital Design Department, which manages the study and design of Loudoun Water’s capital improvements projects. Project management includes assisting with technical oversight, facilitation of internal consensus building, and administrative management of project scope, budget, and schedule. Essential functions include:
- Assist senior engineers on tasks related to capital projects management such as review of design deliverables, preparation of permit applications, and coordination of internal and external stakeholders;
- Collect data and gather information or documents in support of capital projects;
- Assist with the development of study or design phase engineering services contracts and requests for proposals;
- Support senior engineers with monitoring of project controls;
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist with formal communication pertaining to project assignments or meetings;
- Interact with staff, general public, officials, and contractors.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starters with an eye for quality, “can-do” attitude, and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment, and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering or related field from an accredited four-year college or university. Some experience related to planning, design or construction of water and reclaimed water conveyance and treatment facilities is desired, but not required. Registration as an Engineer-in-Training is highly desirable.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org or send completed applications to Loudoun Water, HR Department, 44865 Loudoun Water Way, Ashburn, VA 20146 or by fax to 571.223.2079. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE