SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - CAPITAL DESIGN
Loudoun Water is the water and wastewater authority serving Loudoun County, Virginia – a suburb of Washington, DC and one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. The County is home to a population of 390,000 residents, and continued growth is anticipated, bolstered by a new mass transportation link to DC. Keeping up and successfully staying ahead of the pace of development has been our trademark – and we are looking for new people to join us!
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Senior Project Engineer in its Capital Design Department, which manages the planning and design of Loudoun Water’s capital improvements projects. Project management includes technical oversight, facilitation of internal consensus building, and administrative management of project scope, budget, and schedule. Essential functions include:
- Serve as Loudoun Water’s technical specialist on assigned capital projects;
- Develop study or design phase engineering service contracts and requests for proposals;
- Actively manage project scopes, budgets, and schedules in the best interest of Loudoun Water;
- Delegate and oversee tasks conducted by junior staff;
- Lead internal stakeholder efforts to resolve project issues and agree design decisions;
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies for project approvals.
We are looking for highly-motivated self-starters with an eye for quality, “can-do” attitude, and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment, and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in civil or environmental engineering or related field and a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience, including relevant design and management experience on water or wastewater facilities and infrastructure. An MS degree in engineering may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is highly desirable.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org or send completed applications to Loudoun Water, HR Department, 44865 Loudoun Water Way, Ashburn, VA 20146 or by fax to 571.223.2079. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE