Senior Green Space Worker
- Installation, pruning, removal, stump and root grinding, watering, mulching and general care of trees, shrubs, and perennials plants and the spaces in which they grow.
- Participate in invasive vegetation control, landscape maintenance, lawn maintenance and irrigation system maintenance.
- Operate heavy motorized equipment such as an aerial lift truck, chip tuck, wood chipper, stump grinder, dump truck, bobcat toolcat and skid steer, loader, backhoe, and other equipment in connection with assigned tasks.
- Operates light motorized equipment such as chain saws, hedge trimmers, blowers, drills and other equipment in connection with assigned tasks from the ground, on ladders, while climbing trees and in an aerial lift vehicle.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with OSHA, VDOT, ANSI (standards for Arboriculture Operations) and the City’s safety protocols and procedures in the operation of equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment while on the job site.
- Will be responsible for leading fellow staff on a frequent basis and for completion of landscape projects.
- Frequent heavy lifting (ability to lift up to and above your own body weight).
- Emergency overtime work as required.
- Assist with snow and ice removal operations as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) preferred or ability to obtain CDL within first 6 months of employment, and good driving record.
- At least three years’ experience in tree maintenance including proficiency in climbing trees and proficient use of aerial lift truck.
- Able to perform manual labor outdoors for extended periods in adverse weather conditions.
- Able to identify common tree and shrub species growing in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Able to follow oral instructions and work well with others.
- Compliance with OSHA, VDOT ANSI and the City’s Administrative Regulations.
- This position is considered emergency service personnel; individual selected is required, as a condition of employment, to be available to respond to emergencies.
Preferred Qualifications (but not required):
- Graduation from an accredited program in arboriculture, horticulture, forestry or related field.
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist.
- VDOT Basic Work Zone Traffic Control Training and Flagger Certified.
- Virginia Pesticide Applicators License – Categories 3A & 3B.
SALARY: Salary range is $37,747 - $62,318 per year. Actual Salary will commensurate with experience, skills and qualifications. Includes comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, pension plan, deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account, college savings plan, life and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, annual safety shoe allowance, City uniforms supplied for wear while on the job, corporate discount gym membership, credit union membership, free parking, and more. See www.fallschurchva.gov for additional information.
HOURS: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, plus overtime emergency hours and weekend work as required.
TO APPLY: A City Application may be downloaded at www.fallschurchva.gov. Send application to: City of Falls Church, Human Resources Division, 300 Park Avenue, Falls Church, VA 22046 or email@example.com. YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR DRIVING RECORD OBTAINED FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
Apply for Senior Green Space Worker
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly