Ridgewells Catering, Washington DC’s go-to caterer for stunning events and culinary innovation, is seeking a Sales Associate to support an Event Designer. This entry level position is an exciting opportunity to grow and train along a specific track towards becoming an Event Designer, in a dynamic and creative environment. Sales Associates require strong planning and organizational skills, an eye for creative event design, and a passion for all things culinary. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the planning, designing, and execution of corporate and social events to deliver exceptional and unconventional guest experiences.
- Helping the Event Designer by curating proposals, mood boards, and other supporting presentation materials that “Wow!” in response to each client’s vision and budget.
- Supporting the Event Designer in managing assigned and solicited accounts.
- Collaborating with our culinary team to develop fresh and inspired customized menus to match each client’s unique event.
- Responding to client inquiries in a timely manner with superior customer service, via both phone and email.
- Entering sales and event information into event software, and reconciling Event Analysis reports.
- Assisting the Event Designer with all administrative functions.
- Attending meetings, site visits, tastings, and events.
- Acting as a liaison between the client and internal departments to ensure that event contracts are fulfilled.
- Assisting the Event Designer to help achieve a monthly sales budget.
A successful candidate will be polished and professional both in person and over the phone, have the ability to think and work proactively and creatively, and will be responsive and timely in order to meet firm deadlines. Job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, Event Management, or a related field.
- 1+ Years of professional or internship experience in event production, catering, sales and/or customer service.
- Knowledge and interest in food and beverage is a must.
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Publisher and PowerPoint.
- English fluency is required. Second language is appreciated.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), and the ability to take direction.
- Team player with an outgoing, helpful personality, and positive “can-do” attitude, and a willingness to be a part of a welcoming and exciting company culture!
- Ability to work events in and around the DC area that may take place on nights, weekends, holidays, and early mornings.
How to Apply: Please put “Sales Associate” in the subject field of the e-mail