Director, Enterprise Audit Support
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes , you may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
This position has a basic education requirement as follows:
1.Completion of all requirements for a bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. OR
2. A combination of education and experience- at least 4 years of experience in accounting or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education and training that provide professional accounting knowledge. In addition, your background MUST include one of the following:
- 24 semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of Business Law; OR
- A certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination.
To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must show in your application package that you possess the five Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs), Technical Qualifications and other qualifications, if applicable, listed below.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
Applicants must submit written statements (narrative format ) describing accomplishments that would satisfy the ECQs. You must address each ECQ separately. You are required to respond to all ECQs. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as 'ineligible.' Additional information on the ECQs is available at www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp. Each accomplishment should be clear, concise, and emphasize your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of programs managed, and results of your actions. Please limit your written statements to no more than two pages per ECQ.
- ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical qualifications. You must address each technical qualification separately. Please limit your written statements to two pages per Technical Qualification.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and financial management principles, practices, theories and standards.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in preparing for financial statement audits in accordance with government auditing standards.
- Expert knowledge and experience in managing a Risk Management program.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a geographically dispersed organization and ability to collaborate with a variety of customers and stakeholders.
DoD Joint Enterprise-wide Experience: Possess a broad point of view and an awareness and understanding of individual or organizational responsibilities in relation to DoD or government-wide strategic priorities. Executives should demonstrate ability to work with internal and external partners to support national security objectives. This perspective is typically gained through a variety of diverse work experiences.
In accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) Instruction 1300.26 "Operation of the DoD Financial Management Certification Program," this position requires you to obtain an Level 3 Certification under the DoD Financial Management Program as a condition of employment. If you are selected, you will have to obtain this certification within two (2) years of your entry on duty in the position. Failure to become certified within the required timeframe may be grounds for removal. from the position and/or Federal service. Once certified, the incumbent must obtain the required Continuing Education and Training (CET) units as outlined in DoDI 1300.26. Information about the DoD FM Certification Program is available at www.dfas.mil/careers/fmcertification.html.
There is no substitution of education for experience for this position.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Current and Former Career SES members, and graduates of SES CDP programs with OPM Certified ECQ's need to only address the technical qualifications (and need not respond to the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)). Graduates of an approved SES Candidate Development Program must include a copy of their OPM certification of eligibility.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- The incumbent must be eligible to obtain and maintain, at minimum, a Top Secret security clearance.
- The incumbent is required to comply with the provision of the Ethics in Government Act, Public Law 95-521, as amended, which requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE 278, upon assuming the position, annually, and upon termination of employment.
- All newly appointed career SES leaders must sign the Reassignment Rights Obligations Agreement as a condition of appointment into the SES.
- Executive Core Qualifications of the selectee are subject to approval from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) unless selectee is currently servicing under a SES appointment, is an OPM CDP Graduate, or has SES Reinstatement eligibility.
- Occasional Travel Required.
- Permanent Change of Station Costs (PCS) may be paid.
- A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized for a selected candidate who meets the criteria specified in 5 CFR Part 575.
- You may serve up to a two-year probationary period unless you previously completed the probationary period in the SES.
- Veterans' preference does not apply to positions in the Senior Executive Service. If you have questions about the applicability of veterans' preference for a particular vacancy, please contact the agency posting the announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience and education. Your application will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel, and highly qualified candidates may undergo an interview and a reference check. The Executive Resources Board (ERB) will review results and make recommendations on final selections to the appointing authority. Unless you have already been certified by a Qualifications Review Board (QRB) in the past, your ECQs must be certified by a QRB before appointment can occur.Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No