Director CDC Washington
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
You must have one year of specialized experience directly related to the position that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position to include senior-level managerial and leadership experience in coordinating the functions of the subordinate managers and staff in the management and oversight of policy activities and related initiatives to support public health programs for an organization.
Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Integrity/Honesty, Written Communication, Continual Learning, and Public Service Motivation.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs)
1. Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (PTQs)
This position also requires that you have PTQs that represent knowledge, skills, and abilities essential for success in this role. The following PTQs must be evident in your resume.
1. Ability to provide public health policy analysis and advice and to participate in creating a vision and setting direction for a large public health organization.
2. Knowledge of a national, state, or other public health policy-making environment and the legislative process.
3. Ability to provide guidance on strategies necessary to communicate and maximize acceptance of the organization's position on health issues.
4. Ability to deal effectively with Congress, senior government officials, national or international health officials, non-governmental groups, and the media for achieving maximum public health impact related to the organization's mission, objectives, and priorities.
It is strongly recommended that you visit the following Office of Personnel Management (OPM) webpage for more information regarding the Fundamental Competencies and ECQs. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/senior-executive-service/executive-core-qualifications/#url=Overview
You can find additional information on the proper preparation of ECQs on OPM's website at http://www.opm.gov/ses/references/GuidetoSESQuals_2012.pdf. You are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action, and Result model outlined in the guide.
If selected, you will be required to complete an ECQ package by drafting narratives for each of the ECQs to be certified by an OPM Qualifications Review Board (QRB) prior to being appointed to the position. If you are currently serving in a career SES appointment, are eligible for reinstatement into the SES, or have successfully completed an SES Candidate Development Program approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), you will not need to draft ECQs.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Salary for SES positions varies depending on qualifications. The annual salary range is at the top of this announcement. This position might be eligible for performance bonuses and performance-based pay adjustments.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT/FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE
CDC Financial Disclosure: HHS fosters a work environment committed to government ethics. Through its ethics program, HHS seeks to prevent conflicts of interest on the part of executive branch employees. A conflict-free HHS allows its public servants to make impartial decisions based on the interests of the public when carrying out governmental responsibilities, to serve as good stewards of public resources, and to loyally adhere to the Constitution and laws of the United States. As an executive branch employee, you will be subject to the Standards of Ethical Conduct and the criminal conflict of interest statutes. An introduction to federal ethics will be available during orientation. You must complete the remainder of your initial ethics training during your first three months at HHS. Further details on this will be provided during orientation.
You might be required to a file a public or confidential financial disclosure report within 30 days of your appointment. You will receive formal notification if a disclosure report is required. This can require information such as recent sources of income, financial interests you hold, and outside activities you participate in, as well as similar information from a spouse or any dependent children. If you have questions, please contact the Deputy Ethics Counselor or Ethics Coordinator for your office, which you can find here: https://www.hhs.gov/about/agencies/ogc/contact-ogc/agency-deputy-ethics-counselors-and-ethics-coordinators/index.html
Security and Background Requirements
If you have not previously completed a background security investigation, one will be required. Appointment will be subject to your successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation might be required at a later time. All information concerning your qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation can be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate disciplinary action.
E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates you to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
Veteran's Preference does not apply to SES.
To view the questionnaire, click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10403116
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document(s), view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If your resume exceeds five (5) numbered pages, you will not be considered for this position. Your resume should be submitted with numbered pages.
A multi-step process is used to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be rated "not qualified" if you do not possess the qualification requirements for the position. If your application is incomplete, you may be found "ineligible".
2. Rating: A panel of subject matter experts will review your application and evaluate your qualifications for this position based on the information in your application. Your application will be rated, based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of this position. Interviews will be at the discretion of the panel and/or selecting official.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview.
Your supporting documents are an integral part of the process for determining your qualifications for the position. If your responses are not supported by your resume, you will be eliminated from consideration. After reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, if a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Incomplete or late applications will not receive further consideration.
The application process to recruit for this position is the RESUME BASED method. Separate written narratives addressing the ECQs and PTQs will not be considered at this time. Evidence of your qualifications for the ECQs and PTQs must be clearly demonstrated in the five page resume.