Director of Human Resources - Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is hiring a full time Director of Human Resources.
- Responsible for partnering with division executive leadership teams to develop, lead and manage division people-related strategy with shared responsibility for goal achievement.
- Drives Human Resource practices, processes and initiatives that support division strategic objectives.
- Solves complex challenges through people-related solutions.
- Partners with Centers of Expertise (COE's) to design and execute strategy.
- Maintains advanced level of business literacy of division financial position, midrange plans, culture and competition.
Located in Charlottesville, Virginia, we are a Magnet status, 176 bed facility featuring all patient friendly private rooms. Since its founding more than 100 years ago, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital has constantly evolved to meet the diverse healthcare needs of the patients who trust us with their care. Today, our vision is as clear as it was to our founders. We will continue to set the standard for clinical quality and personalized healthcare services.
For more than a decade, Modern Healthcare magazine has ranked Sentara Healthcare as one of the nation's top integrated healthcare systems. That's because we are dedicated to growth, innovation and patient safety at more than 300 sites of care in Virginia and northeastern North Carolina, including 12 acute care hospitals.
When you join Sentara in a professional or management role, you become part of a progressive team of business leaders and operational experts. Our organization and our people are highly respected for the knowledge and innovation that we demonstrate each day. Working with us is an opportunity to have a positive influence on our growth and the communities we serve.
As the third largest employer in Virginia, Sentara Healthcare was named by Forbes Magazine as one of America's best large employers. We offer a variety of amenities to our employees, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement funds with matching contribution
- Supplemental insurance policies, including legal, Life Insurance and AD&D among others
- Work Perks program including discounted movie and theme park tickets among other great deals
- Opportunities for further advancement within our organization
Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We're setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For information about our employee benefits, please visit: https://www.sentaracareers.com/explore-sentara/benefits/
Join our team! We are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development and growth!
Seven (7) years progressive experience in managing people, processes and resources achieving identified goals and objectives. Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines to include compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and labor relations, diversity, performance management, and Federal/State employment laws. SPHR, Healthcare experience and masters degree preferred.
Responsible for partnering with division executive leadership teams to develop, lead and manage division people-related strategy with shared responsibility for goal achievement. Drives HR practices, processes and initiatives that support division strategic objectives. Solves complex challenges through people-related solutions. Partners with Centers of Expertise (COE¿s) to design and execute strategy. Maintains advanced level of business literacy of division financial position, midrange plans, culture and competition.
Bachelor's Level Degree
Required: Management - 7 years
Preferred: Human Resources - 7 years
None, unless noted in the "Other" section below
Preferred: None, unless noted in the "Other" section below