Associate Vice President of Finance
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. Adventist HealthCare Rehabilitation was the first acute rehabilitation hospital to be CARF certified for all four of its specialty programs (Stroke, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury and Amputee) in a 5-state area that includes WV, DE, VA, MD and DC. Adventist HealthCare Rehabilitation is the first and only acute rehabilitation hospital in Montgomery County. With a new facility located in the Downtown Crown area of Gaithersburg, we are continuing to grow throughout the region. Additionally, Adventist HealthCare, founded in 1907, is the first and largest health-care network based in Montgomery County and the largest provider of charity care and community benefits.
We have some of the highest Employee Engagement scores in healthcare, we have a robust benefits package and we develop and educate our team members! We are now looking for a “Finance Leader” to help us continue our track record for success.
In the role of Associate Vice President, Finance of Rehabilitation, you will be primarily responsible for leading and executing the financial strategy and operating plan for the Rehabilitation service line. This will be accomplished by advising and supporting operational Managers and Directors in all matters from a financial leadership perspective. Reporting to the system CFO with dotted line to the entity President, the AVP will support financial decision making and management at the entity.
1. Create and execute Rehab Financial strategy and operating plan to ensure achievement of long and short term goals
2. Monitor accounts receivables and ensure that net revenue is properly stated on entity financial statements.
3. Work with Revenue cycle leadership to monitor, analyze and understand entity specific revenue cycle performance such as cash collections, clinical and administrative denials, write-off experience, etc.
4. Improve the profitability of all Rehab services. Continually monitor costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
5. Assist with implementing departmental performance improvement activities including monthly department reviews with Department Managers.
6. Educate Managers on the use of financial reports to improve understanding of expense and revenue management.
7. Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced hospital/residential operating costs, and increased revenues.
8. Develop business pro-forma for new business opportunities or expansion of existing service lines.
9. Prepare annual budget in conjunction with AHC standards. In cooperation with management and department heads, reviews prior financial results and discusses anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the facility.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.