Director, Talent Management
Connecting the World Through Innovation:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
Does this look like your next role?
You are excited to lead an engaged and exceptionally talented HR Business Partner consulting team that is the heart of the company, driving change management and implementing innovative talent management solutions. Your top and highly sought after (internal) team partners with leaders across the organization to deliver Intelsat's global career philosophy and ensures a consistently positive employee-centered experience. In this critical role you report to our highly collaborative and dynamic Vice President of Human Resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Impacts you will make:
- As a leader championing change, drive a high-performance culture in support of the overall Intelsat vision and pro-actively contribute to development of the HR strategy and objectives.
- Implement and oversee critically important policies and programs encompassing all areas of human resources including employment, compensation, benefits, and as well as organizational and employee development.
- Apply your exceptional relationship building skills to serve as an accessible, trusted and highly sought-after consultant in support of business leaders to help build healthy teams that thrive across the company.
- Reinforce our positive work environment, collaborate and openly share information with Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Benefits and Development leaders ensuring cohesion in delivery of the human resources vision.
- Offer data driven solutions by presenting and reviewing progress made towards goals and objectives, measuring program effectiveness and identifying opportunities for enhancement and suggesting innovative actions to further drive results.
- Ensure policies, procedures and practices are implemented (defined and developed where appropriate) consistently and efficiently and that the organization is fully compliant with all aspects of the laws pertaining to employment.
- Manage EEO planning and reporting and the employee relations program. Aid in development, planning, and implementation of employee relations policies and procedures, including employee counseling, equal employment opportunity and labor relations.
- Optimize resources developing, proposing and managing a thoughtful HR budget.
- Infuse creativity to elevate HR initiatives utilizing innovative strategies to develop, communicate, and implement the Epic Awards, Intelsat Gives Back and Intelsat Connects.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
You should definitely have:
- A passion for leading and driving agile, service focused and high performing global human resource team
- Bachelor's Degree in HR management, or business equivalent
- 10+ years' experience in human resources, organizational capability, human capital consulting or related; including experience managing team members for non-US locations
- Human Resources expertise including policy development and related laws and regulations
- Thorough understanding and affinity to technology. A demonstrated affinity for analytics including building and tracking HR Metrics/scorecards
- Competence in understanding the financial, technological, economic and talent drivers of the business to effectively help develop and implement a global human capital plan that supports organizational strategy, key strategic & operational initiatives, and achievement of overall business objectives
- Strong internal customer focus and relationship skills with a flexible communication style
- Partiality towards communicating openly and skilled at communicating effectively and clearly (in writing and orally) in one-on-one as well as in group presentations
- Ability to travels to field sites periodically to share and present new programs and address business needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Business acumen practicality
- Exemplary multitasking skills
- Strategic mindset with strong detail orientation
- Experience in a role requiring independent decision-making and management of conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding facilitation, collaboration and project management skills
- Deep knowledge in HR concepts and principles, including sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
- Consistent ability to apply solid judgement ensuring integrity, compliance and confidentiality
But it would be nice if you had:
- Experience at a publicly traded high-tech company
What it's like to work with us:
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- We are customer focused and collaborative
- Awesome benefits including informal work environment, flexible work arrangements, generous 401(k) plan, PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.