Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing the National Quality Forum’s (NQF) marketing and communications strategy. This includes executing an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance NQF’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage all external communications, branding, website, public relations, social media and marketing campaigns.
- Develop marketing infrastructure including developing systems and processes to fulfill marketing goals and objectives and achieve efficiency in marketing operations.
- Manage the implementation of marketing and promotional campaigns that meet business objectives.
- Manage public and member email communication campaigns to promote NQF’s products and services and identify opportunities to provide member value.
- Develop key analytics needed by NQF products and systems to build digital marketing and promotion capabilities.
- Oversee NQF’s media and press relations and manage preparation of press releases, talking points, and other supporting material as needed.
- Manage marketing and communications operations including budget, planning, and staff development.
- Responsible for budget development and monitoring, as well as and implementation of fiscal approval of communications and media related projects and marketing campaigns. Manages agreements and contracts with external vendors and consultants.
- Develop measures to track and evaluate the effectiveness of communication and marketing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field; master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in digital marketing and communications, preferably in healthcare.
- Experience in developing, managing and implementing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program.
- Holistic understanding of all apects of communications, positioning and messaging, including industry practices in both tradition and emerging media platforms and experience with state-of-the-art communications technology.
- Significant experience working with national media outlets and digital media channels.
- Demonstrated history of partnering cross-functionally.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a matrixed organization.
- Proficient understanding of marketing technology and analytics to support promotion campaigns and assess ROI.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency translating highly technical, healthcare information into plain, consumer-friendly language
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills and flexibility in responding to competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience managing and inspiring diverse staff
- Demonstrated persuasive presentation and public speaking skills.
Physical demands/Work Environment
Physical demands: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may he made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In the primary environment the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.