Substitute Teacher Variable Part Time
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. Under the supervision of the Center Director, the EHS/HS substitute assists with classroom instruction during the absence of a regular teacher. Substitutes are expected to maintain a professional attitude toward their work and support the mission and goals of the program.
· Prioritize the health/safety and social/emotional well-being for children in the program during all classroom, playground and other learning environments.
· Ensure active supervision of children at all times and ensure that no child is left unattended.
· Engage with families, community, partners, and all LC and AHC staff in a professional and positive manner in accordance with the AHC RISES values.
· Assist with classroom instruction, including but not limited to: reading to children, music and movement activities, leading group lessons, working one of one with individual children to support individualized learning.
· Assist with meal and snack preparation including participation in Family Style Dining.
· Light, general cleaning of the classroom and common areas as needed: removal of trash, sweeping, cleaning up spills, sanitizing tables and bathrooms as needed.
· As needed, assist with after-hours child care for Policy Council and/or family engagement activities
· Extended Substitute Assignments: Document observations of children's learning, complete ongoing child assessment requirements, work with teaching team to complete lesson plans.
· Other duties as deemed necessary
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.