Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $13/hr - $15/hr; Commensurate with experience
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Student Involvement office, a department within the Division of University Life, is seeking a part-time Budget Assistant (maximum 25 hours per week) to work during the academic year (September through June), assisting the Business Manager with the daily management of office and registered student organizationsâ€™ accounts. This position is restricted to applicants, who are not current GMU students. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Student Involvement provides direct advisement, support and leadership development to student government, fraternities and sororities, registered student organizations, Well-Being Team, TEDx GeorgeMasonU, and the Patriot Activities Council; along with providing major event programming to the campus, including Welcome2Mason, Homecoming, concerts, comedy shows and Mason Day.
Our Mission: We help students GetConnected to Mason Nation through campus-wide events, student organizations, trainings, student advocacy and personal interactions to bring ideas to fruition, create a sense of belonging, and prepare students for success in their future.
- Process all types of spending requests, including purchase orders, reimbursements, honorariums, purchasing card transactions, and journal voucher transfers, according to federal, state and university policies and procedures;
- Advise registered student organizations on university procurement and payment policies and procedures;
- Review and reconcile account revenue and expenditures on a monthly basis;
- Create and update online budgets for over 400 registered student organizations; and,
- Perform special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Adept at learning various software programs to perform daily tasks;
- Ability to self-manage work to ensure timely processing of spending requests; and
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel), internet and e-mail. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment and with budgets; and
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner, MicroStrategy, and Patriot Web.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :