PROJECT ENGINEER (CAPITAL CONSTRUCTION)
Loudoun Water is the water and wastewater authority serving Loudoun County, Virginia – a suburb of Washington, DC and one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. The County is home to a population of 390,000 residents, and continued growth is anticipated, bolstered by a new mass transportation link to DC. Keeping up and successfully staying ahead of the pace of development has been our trademark – and we are looking for new people to join us!
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer in its Capital Construction Department, which manages the construction of Loudoun Water’s capital improvements projects. Project management includes technical oversight and administrative management of project scope, budget, and schedule. Essential functions include:
- Managing the construction of various water, wastewater, and reclaimed water infrastructure projects to ensure contract compliance;
- Developing and managing project budgets;
- Tracking the contractor’s performance against the project schedule;
- Providing review of project designs for constructability;
- Managing third party construction-phase services contracts;
- Coordinating with construction inspectors, and internal and external stakeholders;
- Leading the project testing, startup, and commissioning phases; and
- Coordinating with regulatory agencies for project approvals.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self starter with an eye for quality, a “can-do” attitude, and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment, and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or related field and 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience, including construction experience on water and wastewater facilities and infrastructure. An MS degree related to work may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is desirable.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org or send completed applications to Loudoun Water, HR Department, 44865 Loudoun Water Way, Ashburn, VA 20146 or by fax to 571.223.2079. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE