Chief Learning Officer
The Endocrine Society, the world's preeminent global organization focused on serving professionals engaged in hormone research and the clinical practice of endocrinology, seeks a dynamic and progressive Chief Learning Officer (CLO) to join our team. We are in our second century of operations and are first and foremost the professional association for clinical practitioners, researchers and scientists working in the field of endocrinology. Our Society journals consistently rank in the Top 100 of biomedical journals and our meetings and special events reach new levels each year. The Chief Learning Officer will innovatively enhance and build on these strengths to expand the knowledge and learning of the field to expand our global reach and leverage our content strategy to current and new stakeholders.
The role of the Chief Learning Officer is to bring innovative leadership for the identification, development and evaluation of learning-based education and products by using instructional design techniques and leveraging technologies for e-learning. The CLO will collaborate with member leaders to lead the development of educational products and services that meet the needs of the Society’s members, practitioners treating patients with endocrine disorders and patients who are managing endocrine conditions. This person drives our ability to create value for members, accelerate translation of research into therapies and improve patient care. This includes oversight of educational content development, budget development, site solicitation and selection, contract negotiations, vendor selection and management, committee activities, faculty communications and overall logistics for all meetings and related products. The CLO will be a key member of the executive team and provide guidance and leadership to develop education resources to expand our global programs and impact.
What you'll bring to the job:
The CLO will be a senior-level strategic thinker with significant experience developing innovative medical education. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of supporting, promoting and ensuring alignment of the organization’s content and educational offerings.
- Bachelor's Degree. Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading, developing, delivering and evaluating educational programs and services in association industry.
- Extensive experience in medical education or public health; knowledge of ACCME requirements.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of meeting/convention planning, business administration and management.
- At least 10 years’ management experience, with a track record of coaching/mentoring and developing team members.
- A strong track record of effectively promoting and supporting thought leaders and member leaders.
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you'll own:
- Key driver of professional advancement of the field to develop and execute an educational strategy for blended learning environments to incorporate new trends in delivery and learning methods to support a diverse member audience globally.
- Oversee and manage the operations of the Education, Programs and Meetings Department to include: the annual meeting (ENDO), Clinical Endocrinology Update (CEU), Continuing Medical Education Symposia (CMES); diversity and inclusion activities, and patient resources through the Hormone Health Network (HHN).
- As part of the senior leadership team, continually provides input and feedback to further implement educational products and services for members by enhancing existing programs and developing new products that further the educational mission of the Society.
- Continuously drive content strategy to create innovative design for educational/scientific content development for all programs and activities including needs assessment, activity design and evaluation.
- Oversee the development and management of the scientific and educational program, logistical requirements including onsite management, vendor identification, contracting and management.
- Oversee the grant development process for industry support of annual meetings, CMES and HHN activities.
- Oversee the Society’s compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) requirements including submission of annual reports and the preparation of the periodic re-accreditation survey.
- Oversee the process for identification of future meeting sites and for educational and governance meetings and activities. Oversee the negotiation and execution of all contracts for meeting facilities.
What you'll do well:
- Proactively identify and develop adult education using instructional design techniques through live and e-learning delivery to enhance the knowledge and education of our diverse members.
- Possess the ability to transform our member experience at our live meetings through engagement, creative and innovative educational delivery and networking opportunities.
- Be a strategic thinker who supports and promotes the alignment of educational development with the organizations strategic vision and values. Clearly understands how the organization must change considering internal and external trends and influences. Express the vision in a way that resonates with others demonstrated by words and actions. Influences others to translate words into actions.
- Effectively manage and guide group efforts including providing an appropriate level of feedback concerning group progress. Collaborate and partner within and beyond ones’ team to build proactive relationships. Recognize and reward people for their achievements by acknowledging and thanking people for their contributions. Express pride in the group and encourage people to feel good about their accomplishments. You will be sought out by others for advice and solutions.
What you'll get out of it:
- Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
- The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
- A chance to contribute in a fun job with room to make it your own.
- A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC location within walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West and Foggy Bottom Metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous TIAA- CREF retirement plan with 10% employer contribution, should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
When applying to this position, you will be directed to an external job application site hosted by ADP. If you are a first-time user, please register for your unique login information before applying for this position.