Senior Economist, CG-0110-15
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional overnight travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation benefits will be provided in accordance with FDIC's General Travel Regulations.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
Basic Requirements For All Applicants:
A. Degree: economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
B. Combination of education and experience--courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
YOU MUST PROVIDE ALL TRANSCRIPT(S) (unofficial copy is acceptable).
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the Basic Individual Occupational Requirement above, applicants must meet the defined qualification requirements listed below:
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the CG/GS-14 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience performing each of the following: (1) Conducting and coordinating empirical economic research in the areas of banking and the financial system with a focus on consumer finance; (2) The empirical research must use econometric or advanced statistical modeling methods; (3) The research study(s) in question empirically test or develop or apply an economic or financial model or theory.
For this posting, acceptable econometric or advanced statistical modeling methods are instrumental variables, difference-in-differences, linear regression, regression discontinuity, or related identification approaches, or structural identification, panel, time series, limited dependent variable, semi-parametric, non-parametric, or Bayesian methods as part of a research study and was actively involved in its implementation.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 or higher in the online assessment to be determined “well qualified” for this position. For more information, click here.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
* This is a Direct-Hire Public Notice. Applications will be accepted for the location identified in the public notice. Veteran’s preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants DO NOT apply to positions filled under this public notice. All complete applications (transcripts must be included) will be verified for eligibility requirements and will be submitted to the hiring official upon request.
Upon the submission of your application package to USAJobs.gov, you will receive an automatic reply from OPM informing you that your application has been submitted, received and is being processed. If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging the receipt of your application. Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. You will not receive any additional notifications, and your resume may not be reviewed for qualifications unless a position is requested to be filled by the hiring official. After you submit your application, you will be contacted only if further evaluation or interviews are required or upon your selection.
Your application will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
If you are found qualified, you will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Ability to organize, direct, and coordinate research programs related to consumer finance and consumer protection, e.g., fair lending model development, compliance risk assessment, community development, and economic inclusion.
- Knowledge of economic, banking, or consumer finance research of high caliber resulting in important contributions to the fundamental knowledge in the field.
- Knowledge and understanding of the banking, financial, and regulatory community.
- Ability to write code to estimate econometric models using standard statistical packages such as SAS, STATA, Matlab, or R.
- Ability to develop and apply sophisticated empirical research techniques or extend existing techniques to new and unusual applications.
- Ability to make verbal presentations before audience of bankers and regulators.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answer to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No