Senior Software Engineer
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
We're looking for an ambitious Senior Developer to join the Publishing Systems Dev/Ops team. Our Developers work as a team with UX Designers, Product Managers, internal clients and across Engineering teams to deliver high quality print publishing and enterprise applications. Developing new products to transition legacy applications to modern technologies. In, addition to ensuring key publishing applications are on-line and available during peak production hours.
We use a variety of technologies: Java, MySQL, Oracle, Node.js, Angular.js. You will be responsible for producing high quality, test driven code to meet and exceed product requirements.
More about what you'll do in this role:
- Participate in all stages of software development - from early brainstorming to coding and bug fixing
- Write excellent, performant code and associated tests
- Evaluate and improve existing print publishing workflows, applications and interfaces.
- Discuss product requirements with others, both inside and outside of engineering
- Ensure Print Publishing Application readiness during peak production hours
- Interface with external vendors as required.
More about what we're looking for:
- 2+ years development experience. Previous development in a media or print media environment preferred. Any combination of knowledge or experience with print publishing methods helpful (page planning, ad layout planning, file pre-flight, 4-color processing, PDF standards, page processing workflows through plate process.)
- Combination of experience with Java frameworks, Node.js, Angular.js, MySQL (or another relational database), cloud technologies and working knowledge of networking technologies required.
- Passion for problem solving and building end-to-end solutions
- Desire to work in an agile environment and transform legacy applications to modern technologies.
- Looking for a highly motivated individual, unafraid to share ideas, and take responsibility for learning about and maintaining existing feature implementations and for developing new features within the existing application framework
- Team player, ability to teach as well as learn. Ability to work collaboratively with internal customers, and team members.