Director of Development, Educational Initiatives
The Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) promotes the entire continuum of quality cancer care for our patients and our communities. We seek a Director of Development, Educational Initiatives for our Rockville office.
Under the Direction of the V.P., Development, the Director will be responsible for the development and funding strategy for ACCC’s major educational initiatives, including the Institute for Clinical Immuno-Oncology (ICLIO), the Financial Advocacy Network (FAN), and the Oncology Pharmacy Education Network (OPEN), as well as future initiatives derived from ACCC member needs.
The Director will be a mentor and relationship builder with a deep understanding of the development function, and will identify client member needs by cultivating new and expanded partnerships, with a focus on education initiatives. S/he will be expected to possess an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and have the ability to identify untapped funding sources within the community. In addition, the Director will be responsible for identifying and promoting ACCC member programs and individuals into leadership roles for the various educational initiatives.
The Director will be responsible for setting and managing expectations for members and funders, highlighting and resolving issues, ensuring regular communications and managing internal and external activities to achieve development goals and objectives for these initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Education Initiative Leadership
- Provide strategic direction to staff and member leadership to ensure that the annual curriculum for each of ACCC’s major educational initiatives aligns with the educational needs and learning style preferences of the membership
- Develop partnerships with appropriate external organizations, including ACCC cancer program members, patient advocacy groups, and other professional associations across initiatives to develop new educational programs, as appropriate.
- Develop a sustainable revenue model for ACCC’s major educational initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and expand relationships and funding opportunities with ACCC’s corporate partners for all initiatives.
- Implement systems and processes to build an effective pipeline.
- Coordinate and integrate all fundraising strategies and tactics such that every component aligns with and advances ACCC’s strategic plan.
- Communicate ACCC capabilities to funders and maintain understanding of funder trends and needs via regular in-person communication.
- Oversee the overall funding process, including proposal development, submission, tracking, reporting, and reconciliation for all initiatives.
- Establish external presence and recognition of ACCC’s major educational initiatives through comprehensive marketing plans to promote sustained customer satisfaction and long-term relationships
- Increase ACCC program and individual member engagement in educational initiatives through Advisory Committee participation, application to serve as project host sites, submission of concepts for future curriculum planning, as well as increased participation across learning channels.
- Seven to ten years’ experience of fund development, sales, or business development, including direct-ask and negotiation skills.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of the selling process.
- Demonstrated background of fund/sales development and implementation of a fund development plan.
- Proven experience with sustained development growth.
- Capacity to initiate and implement new and innovative development projects.
- Strong relationship management skills, communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external staff, members, partner organizations, and funders.
- Experience securing significant, sustained educational funding for a non-profit healthcare organization (specific to the field of oncology) strongly preferred.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, as needed, and travel up to 50%
(c ) Management, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life and AD&D insurance, Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability, and a Health Saving Account Plan. Paid vacation, sick, and personal days, holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, a Tuition Reimbursement benefit, free parking and more!
Submit your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
The Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) promotes the entire continuum of quality cancer care for our patients and our communities. Since 1974, ACCC has been helping oncology professionals adapt to the complex changes of delivering quality cancer care.
ACCC members rely on the Association to bring them information on cancer program management, reimbursement issues, legislative and regulatory changes at the state and national levels, community cancer program standards, NCI-funded community clinical research, hospital alliances and physician relationships, and more.
More than 23,000 cancer care professionals from 2,000 hospitals and practices nationwide are members of ACCC. It is estimated that 65 percent of the nation's cancer patients are treated by a member of ACCC.
To learn more about ACCC’s major educational initiatives, please visit:
Apply for Director of Development, Educational Initiatives
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly