5 days left
- Full Time
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, a non-profit, membership organization with its National Headquarters located near the White House, is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their accounting team.
Responsibilities focus on preparing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, checking and verifying cash receipts batches, processing bi-weekly payroll, maintaining payroll and other related records, and assisting with monthly closing of the general ledger. Serves as a back-up to AP clerk.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent college coursework in accounting
- Two years general accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Payroll processing experience, preferably in ADP Workforce Now
- Solid familiarity of payroll regulations and practices
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Excel skills, Microsoft Office and payroll software
- High attention to detail and accuracy; ability to stay organized and successfully meet multiple deadlines
- Skilled in identifying and resolving discrepancies, and ability to gather and analyze data effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
Favorable consideration will be given to applicants with well-rounded general accounting experience (journal entry, account reconciliation, payroll, AR/AP).
For more information about the DAR please visit our website at www.dar.org
Submit COVER LETTER and RESUME, along with salary requirements, to:
Attn: Director of Human Resources
1776 D Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
Apply for Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly