RED TOQUE CAFÈ
1701 6th St NW,
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: (202) 588-5516
Red Toque Café is looking for responsible, independent and entrepreneurial individuals to work at its Shaw location. The restaurant offers Middle Eastern/Indian cuisine including Biryani, Kobab, and Curry cuisines alongside other signature dishes. The restaurant is looking for a Kitchen Manager with either solid prior experience in management or willingness to step up to that position. The candidate needs to be independent, highly motivated and effective at working in a fast-paced team environment and have a proven successful track record. If you are interested in joining the Red Toque Café kitchen team, please submit your resume with three references. Please submit your resume in WORD or PDF format.
Red Toque Café is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Supervise and manage the daily operations of the restaurant.
- Assist and supervise the purchasing and inventory functions of the restaurant.
- Ensure compliance with all restaurant and brand policies and procedures, as well as, local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Such as keeping and maintaining records required by government agencies.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and servicing.
- Ensure that the level of quality and presentation are being met according to standards on a daily basis.
- Personally respond to all guests' comments and complaints to ensure they are being handled in a timely manner.
- Train staff for job competency and ensure they are aware of Red Toque policies and procedures including service standards for the brand standards in regards to quality of service and cleanliness.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion size, and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Monitor to ensure requirements are being met on a daily basis in both the kitchen area and front of the house.
- Implement and monitor staffing levels to ensure guest satisfaction and cost control are met on a daily basis.
- Assist and supervise the weekly scheduling process to ensure staffing levels are met based on restaurant’s needs and weekly forecast.
- Deal with staff inquires and issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for training, supervising, and monitoring food sanitation and safety procedures in the kitchen and dining area.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire employees to meet and exceed standards and guest's expectations.
- Responsible for hiring, training, management, development, and evaluation of all food and beverage employees including managers, supervisors, and line employees.
- Help improve our guest satisfaction scores to 4 Stars or better on all restaurant rating platforms including Yelp, Google and Facebook.
Education and Experience: (a) Previous food & beverage experience is a plus. (b) Previous supervisor or management experience a plus. (c) Certificate in Food Sanitation is a plus but not a requirement. (d) Administrative knowledge is a plus.
Skills and Abilities: (a) Clear verbal and written communication skills is a plus. (b) Team player is a must. (c) Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment. (d) Ability to motivate and train employees in guest services.
Additional Responsibilities: (a) Adhere to all work rules, policies and procedures established by Red Toque Café; and (b) The Restaurant operates 7 days a week; 12:00PM - 12:00AM Sunday to Wednesday and 12:00PM - 2:00AM Thursday - Saturday. Schedule must accommodate fluctuating restaurant demands and employees/manager may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.