Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Formulating and guiding a research program on vaccine development for infectious diseases, focusing on viral diseases;
- Leading, designing and implementing experiments to characterize the immune responses from vaccine trials;
- Acquiring funds based on scientific merit for research projects;
- Preparing funding documents, written reports, manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed scientific journals, presentations for scientific meetings, and patent applications; and
- Management of administrative and scientific matters for an immunology research section.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
- A degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or a related discipline appropriate to this position.
- A combination of education and experience in one of the above majors that includes at least 24 semester hours in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or a discipline related to this position plus appropriate experience or additional education. The quality of the combination of education and experience demonstrates that I possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the work of the position and is comparable to that normally acquired through the completion of a full four year course of study with a major as described above.
This position may require evening and weekend work.
This position is eligible for part time, full time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the highly qualified category or higher. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- ORAL COMMUNICATION
- RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
You will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Additional points are not added for veterans' preference; however, preference is still applied. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified - Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Highly Qualified - Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Qualified - Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All qualifications requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No