Supervisory Social Worker (Clinical)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify for a Social Worker, GS-0185 position, you must meet the following Basic Education Requirement:
You must have a Master's Degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
You qualify at the GS-13 level, if you meet one of the following qualification requirements:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal Service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following type tasks: Conducting psychosocial assessments of mentally or medically ill patients and families in a healthcare setting and making recommendations regarding their ability to participate in research protocols; developing a treatment plan for seriously ill clients based on an assessment of psychological, social and medical realities; evaluate social work policies and programs and make recommendations for modifications; and develop educational programs for medical and allied personnel on the psychosocial and economic aspects of illness.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Selective Factor: In order to meet minimum qualification requirements you must demonstrate possession of the selective factor of this position. Selective factors includes:
- You must possess an active, current registration as an independent, clinical Licensed Social Worker or equivalent level of licensure (i.e., LCSW, LICSW, CIPSW, etc.) from a licensing board in the United States including the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10391110
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- -This position is designated as an 'emergency' position and the selected candidate will be considered an 'emergency' employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances, e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapse in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- -A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- -PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- -We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with any interested selecting official(s).
- -The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- -The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- -At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: [telework, remote work, compressed schedules, flexible schedules].
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To determine your qualifications and referral status, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be made and compared against your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. Because your rating is based on both your responses to the questionnaire and documentation you submit, please make sure that your self-ratings are supported by the information you provide in your application. Your qualifications and self-ratings may be verified at any time during the application and selection process through quality review, interview questions, work samples, demonstrations, reference checks, and any other means. Inflated or unsupported qualifications may affect your rating. Any misrepresentation or material omission of facts on the assessment questionnaire or in any other materials you submit in support of your candidacy (including but not limited to the application), or in any oral statements you may make during the selection process shall be sufficient cause to end further consideration of your candidacy. Persons listed as having knowledge of your past accomplishments or experience in your application may be contacted for verification purposes at any time. Verification may, but need not, begin prior to receiving an offer.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No