Director of Administration and Management
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Occasional travel - 25% or less.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from schools that are not accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from federal employment to removal from federal service.
Candidates must possess technical and management experience and have developed the knowledge and skills required for effective performance of the specific duties of the position. Candidates must have had experience at a major management level (normally equivalent to the GS-15 level in the Federal service). All applications MUST separately address each of the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) when applying on line. Responses to ECQ's must not exceed 10 pages. For additional guidance, applicants may visit the Office Of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Qualifications located at: www.opm.gov/ses/references/GuidetoSESQuals_2010.pdf. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action, and Result model outlined in the guide. Current/Former Career SES or SES Candidate Development Program graduates who have been certified by OPM MUST address the MTQ's, but need not address the ECQs. In order to successfully complete the online application process, you MUST input the term, "Noncompetitive Eligible" in the text boxes for each of the ECQs. You MUST submit a Standard Form 50, Notification of Personnel Action, that documents your SES Career appointment or a copy of your OPM approved SES Candidate Development Program Certificate.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals. For additional guidance, applicants may visit the Office Of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Service Qualifications located at www.opm.gov/ses/references/GuidetoSESQuals_2010.pdf. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action, and Result model outlined in the guide.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS (MTQs): In addition to the ECQs above, qualified applicants must possess the following four (4) technical qualifications which represent the experience required to perform the duties of this position. Proficiency in these technical qualifications MUST be clearly evident in your resume. MTQs include:
1. Knowledge of the human resources programs gained through extensive practical experience and/or education that enable's the incumbent to monitor, evaluate and meet the Agency’s human resources needs, goals and challenges.
2. Knowledge of financial management and federal budget process gained through extensive practical experience and/or education that enable's the incumbent to monitor, evaluate and meet the Agency’s acquisition management needs, goals and challenges.
3. Knowledge of the acquisitions management process through extensive practical experience and/or education that enable's the incumbent to monitor, evaluate and meet the Agency’s acquisition management needs, goals and challenges.
4. Knowledge of facility management including GSA facility, and vehicle requirements.
All MSHA employees and their spouses, and minor children are prohibited by regulation from having any interest, direct or indirect, in any mine or mining company which may be directly affected by the work of MSHA through its investigations, technical research, or other activities. These interests are prohibited under the Department of Labor's Supplemental Standards of Ethical Conduct Regulations at 5 CFR 5201.105. For questions related to this prohibition, please contact the agency's point of contact listed in this vacancy announcement. Certain MSHA employees are required to file a financial disclosure report.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates will be evaluated based upon their qualifications. In addition, applicants will be evaluated based upon their responses to the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs).
To preview questions please click here.