Education Support Specialist III
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Mid-$40,000s; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant Director of International Admissions
The Office of Admissions invites self-motivated, entrepreneurial individuals to serve as Assistant Director of International Admissions. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the coordination and administration of all aspects of the international admissions process and will serve as the lead project manager within the Office of Admissions for our international global applicants through INTO Mason and the universityâ€™s campus in Songdo, South Korea. Duties include, but are not limited to: application processing and review, counseling of prospective students, and coordinating outreach activities. The Assistant Director position is based in Fairfax, Va., and may require some travel throughout the year. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing an effective international student communication plan, armchair recruitment activities, and follow-up and outreach strategies for all Mason campuses;
- Assist with the international admissions process by counseling prospective students, reviewing and processing applications (including credential evaluation), and making admission decisions;
- Work collaboratively with the Freshmen and Transfer Admissions staff and serve as Counselor of the Day and/or Information Officer of the Day as assigned;
- Manage the application process and serve as the primary Office of Admissions liaison for the INTO Global Application;
- Manage the application process and serve as the primary Office of Admissions liaison for the Mason Korea campus;
- Process and evaluate all Mason Korea and INTO Global Application documents and analyze and review applications for admission; and follow up with applicants as necessary and provide decisions in a timely fashion;
- Maintain daily communication with the recruitment staff in Mason Korea and INTO Global Application by providing updates on application materials received and application status;
- Work in collaboration with other academic and administrative offices on campus to ensure student satisfaction and success of INTO Mason and Mason Korea; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean of Admissions and Director of International Admissions.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree (or an equivalent combination of education and experience);
- Significant professional experience working in admissions, higher education administration, or a related field;
- Superior interpersonal, cross-cultural communications and public speaking skills;
- Demonstrated experience managing staff members;
- Ability to be a quick learner of office/university procedures, and use learned procedures to help teach and train student workers and new counseling staff members;
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information and situations;
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a hectic, deadline-driven environment often working on multiple tasks concurrently;
- Proven ability to work positively as a team member;
- Demonstrated customer service experience and superior customer service philosophy;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong organization skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Available for evening and weekend work; and
- Ability to travel, if needed.
- Knowledge of a second language;
- Experience living or working abroad;
- Previous experience with Ellucian Banner software; and
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00953z at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :