Assistant Director, Policy and Regulatory Advocacy
The Assistant Director of Policy and Regulatory Advocacy provides leadership, direction and coordination of policy staff to develop and implement ANA’s regulatory priorities through direct advocacy, review of regulations, development of polices, and development of all written advocacy materials. The position will serve as a regulatory contact for the Administration and relevant federal agencies. This individual will manage policy staff and participate in association-wide efforts to develop and sustain a positive work environment, and high performing teams, as evidence by improved employee satisfaction and superior outcomes.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION: Email your resume to email@example.com or apply online at https://www.nursingworld.org/ana-enterprise-jobs/
1. Manages all aspects of the association’s regulatory advocacy efforts including but not limited to strategic planning, advocacy, policy analysis, development of written documents for congressional, regulatory, and internal and external audiences and engagements with both external and internal stakeholders. These may include, but are not limited to testimony, congressional and regulatory letters, comments, policy presentations and nomination letters. Monitors current trends in health care, issues and strategies related to nursing, consumer access to care and overall health care trends.
2. Manages a policy portfolio and serves as lead expert on policy priorities including development and maintenance of relationships with key regulatory agency staff.
3. Manages Senior Policy Advisors and Health Policy Advisors including but not limited to hiring, orienting, evaluating, implementing performance improvement plans, and separating as needed; provides direction to staff to ensure efficiency and timeliness of meeting goals while assisting to establish priorities; incorporates the essential elements of a positive work environment and high performing team into daily operations to support and enhance team work. Provides coaching and mentoring to staff offering both positive feedback and opportunities for improvement on an ongoing basis; provides opportunities for staff to participate in professional development offerings to enhance their growth and contributions to ANA.
4. Oversees ANAs regulatory and policy work related to reimbursement including that of APRNs.
5. Assists the Vice President of Policy and Government Affairs in preparing, monitoring and providing forecasting information related to the policy budget.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred, RN desirable.
Related Work Experience
Ten or more years of relevant work experience and increasing responsibility and accountability in areas such as health policy, payment policy, regulatory advocacy.
Understanding of federal programs such as the Affordable Care Act, Medicare and Medicaid, etc, as well as private health plans.
• 3-5 years of management/supervisory skills including mentoring and coaching
• Strong understanding of health care delivery systems as well as in-depth understanding of the regulatory process
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to understand complex policies and issues and synthesize them clearly and compellingly.
• Proven ability to develop and implement comprehensive regulatory advocacy strategies
• Exceptional, demonstrated, written and oral communication skills including public speaking and the preparation of issues summaries, regulatory comments, testimony and other written reports of technical and complex nature
• Ability to related ability to diverse individuals and groups, form and lead coalitions, and foster consensus
• Ability to prioritize, manage and compete multiple, complex projects
• Discretion, tact, the ability to act independently with good judgment and the ability function as part of a team.
Apply for Assistant Director, Policy and Regulatory Advocacy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly