Middle School ELA Teacher (SY19-20)
Middle School ELA Teacher
Two Rivers Public Charter School is looking for a dynamic, dedicated, experienced educator to join our school as a Middle School ELA Teacher. The MS ELA Teacher will teach language arts to middle school students and will work to integrate language arts throughout the educational program. This position is posted to create a pool of applicants for SY19-20.
About Two Rivers
Two Rivers Public Charter School serves a diverse group of learners across three locations in Wards 5 and 6. Staff at Two Rivers create an exciting educational environment in which students and staff become a community of learners on a journey of discovery. Two Rivers uses the EL Education model, which emphasizes interactive, hands-on, project-based learning. The school focuses on the whole child, recognizing the importance of character education and the social-emotional needs of children while helping them achieve academic excellence.
The Two Rivers staff shares a strong belief that all children can learn and be high achievers. The curriculum at Two Rivers is rigorous, standards-based, and provides opportunities for students to excel in all areas. An integrated arts program and a content-based Spanish program augment the school’s demanding academic program. These elements come together through learning expeditions that allow students to incorporate and apply their classroom learning through real world experiences. The mission of Two Rivers is to nurture a diverse group of students to become lifelong, active participants in their own education, develop a sense of self and community, and become responsible and compassionate members of society.
The middle school ELA teacher at Two Rivers will become part of an energetic and caring team devoted to creating an incredible school. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities/skills:
- Demonstrated ability to integrate curriculum across academic disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to teach in ways that are interactive, hands-on, project-based, and promote self-discovery and critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to guide students to achieve high academic expectations
- Clear understanding of curriculum, instruction, and child development
- Commitment to meet the needs of every child in a diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to establish an effective and efficient classroom culture
- Expertise in and passion for content area
- Capability to nurture students and work collaboratively with families
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Commitment to develop and contribute to a community of educators
- Flexibility, commitment, and enthusiasm
Candidates should have a master’s degree in education and at least two years of classroom experience; middle school experience is preferred. Urban teaching experience is preferred.
Two Rivers values its team of amazing educators. Teachers at Two Rivers receive:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The support of a welcoming and appreciative group of families
- A class of students who are eager to learn and grateful for their school
- A leadership team that values teachers and provides feedback, encouragement, and accountability
- An administrative team that provides support for children with challenges
- Professional growth opportunities on-site and off-site
- Membership in a professional learning community that will challenge and excite eager educators—the staff’s work was featured in the book Data Wise in Action from Harvard University
- A strong, established school culture that supports academic and social learning
- Fun colleagues—people who care about their work, work hard, and want to have a good time while they’re doing it.
Two Rivers is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.