Assistant Teacher (SY19-20)
Two Rivers Public Charter School is seeking a dynamic, dedicated, instructional leader to become the instructional guide of a vibrant educational community.
Two Rivers Public Charter School serves a diverse group of 800 students in preschool through eighth grade. Staff at Two Rivers create an exciting educational environment in which students and staff become a community of learners on a journey of discovery. Two Rivers uses Expeditionary Learning, an educational model that emphasizes interactive, hands-on, project-based learning. The school focuses on the whole child, recognizing the importance of character education and the social-emotional needs of children while helping them achieve academic excellence.
The Two Rivers staff share a strong belief that all children can learn and be high achievers. The curriculum at Two Rivers is rigorous, standards-based, and provides opportunities for students to excel in all areas. An integrated arts program and a content-based Spanish program augment the school’s demanding academic program. These elements come together through learning expeditions that allow students to incorporate and apply their classroom learning through real-world experiences.
For more information about Two Rivers, please visit tworiverspcs.org and learnwithtworivers.org.
Assistant teachers at Two Rivers are part of an energetic and caring team devoted to creating an incredible school. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities/skills:
- Commitment to meet the needs of every child in a diverse population
- Commitment to learn to teach in ways that are interactive, hands-on, project-based, and promote self-discovery and critical thinking
- Experience in teaching small groups in math and literacy
- Demonstrated ability to work with children in developmentally appropriate and kind ways
- Capability to nurture students and work collaboratively with families
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Commitment to develop and contribute to a community of educators
- Flexibility, commitment, and enthusiasm
Candidates must hold an Associates Degree or have received a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment.
Two Rivers values its team of amazing educators. Assistant teachers at Two Rivers receive:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Advancement opportunities
- The support of a welcoming and appreciative group of families
- A lead teacher and administrative team ready to support their development as educators
- Professional growth opportunities
- Membership in a professional learning community that will challenge and excite eager educators – the staff’s work was featured in the book Data Wise in Action from Harvard University
- A strong, established school culture that supports academic and social learning
- Fun colleagues – people who care about their work, work hard, and want to have a good time while they’re doing it
Two Rivers is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.