Business Manager NF-03
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
One (1) year of specialized work experience in managing a business (Gift shop, retail store/retail setting; similar to Hotel/Hospital gift shops).
Four (4) years of education above high school level directly related to the duties to be performed.
1. Work experience in overseeing retail store operations, supervise employees and managing inventory.
2. Two (2) years of supervisory/management work experience in a Gift Shop, retail store/retail setting (similar to Hotel/Hospital Gift Shops).NOTE: Retail operations include both gift merchandise, clothing, and attraction tickets and events.
**NOTE: Those qualified applicants who meet both the minimum qualification requirement(s) and highly preferred criteria(s) will be considered best qualified for this position and will be referred to the selecting official(s) first for consideration. All other applicants will be referred as needed and requested by the selecting official(s).
**Reminder to Applicants: Your experience has to be clearly identified in your application package/resume in order to receive consideration. If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position(Format example: Employer name, position title, beginning and ending dates of employment, with summary of duties, etc.)
If using education to qualify for this position. A copy of your unofficial or official college transcripts must be submitted with your application package to support your qualifications for this position no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing of this announcement. Failure to supply this supporting documentation with your application package will result in disqualification for this position.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)