Occasional travel - Travel in the performance of temporary assignments may be required up to 10% of duty time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service:
- Establishing programmatic plans and goals for strategic acquisition program management.
- Expert knowledge of DoD/DTRA strategic initiatives programs and objectives and how these programs and objectives influence program plans and acquisition training program needs.
- Developing and managing program requirements, objectives, and metrics.
- Generating, designing or developing new programs, procedures or policies geared toward advancing the accomplishment of DoD and DTRA acquisition program initiatives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the range of acquisition laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the execution of business-related programs. Includes a thorough knowledge of requirements generation, material acquisitions; life cycle; planning, programming, budgeting execution systems; and management processes to prepare long-range and short-range planning guidance in accordance with broad agency program policies and objectives.
- Knowledge is applied in preparing recommendations to change the way programs are carried out.
- Expert knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness, comprehensive knowledge of a broad range of applicable DTRA and DoD policies, regulations, and directives applicable to the program/project managed is required, and expert knowledge of program/project goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key events and milestones, and methods of evaluating accomplishments in order to develop, recommend, and implement budgetary policies affecting the financing and accomplishments of important programs/projects, and to plan, organize, and direct the work of programs/projects requiring substantial resources or changes in established procedures.
- Broad understanding of the fields of acquisition, contracting, communications and information systems, life cycle management and Program Planning and Budget Execution System in order to render assistance on matters pertaining to assigned programs, objectives, problems, funding considerations, etc.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated effectiveness in communicating administrative issues in a programmatic arena to varying levels and background audiences.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
This is an Acquisition Workforce position in the Program Management career field. The incumbent will be required to become certified, Level II in the applicable career field within 24 months, unless a position requirements waiver is approved to extend the 24 months. The incumbent is required to acquire a minimum of 40 continuous learning points (CLPs) every fiscal year as a goal and 80 CLPs being mandatory within 2 years.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant work experiences.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.