IT Specialist (APPSW)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 19-DO-143-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience working in PeopleSoft HRMS 9.2 as a PeopleSoft developer; AND
- Experience in integration with external partners through web services by configuring, developing, and implementing PeopleSoft integration broker; AND
- Experience developing procedures and strategies to ensure the optimization and integration of PeopleSoft environments; AND
- Experience in software development using tools such as; PeopleTools, Application Engine, People Code, SQR, XML Publisher, and Oracle 11g or higher.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must also show proficiency in 1) attention to detail, 2) customer service, 3) oral communication, and 4) problem solving.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-14, you must have been at the GS-13 level for 52 weeks.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical and Communication. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 85 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No