Information Technology Specialist 2
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
System Engineer/Active Directory Engineer
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) - located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a System Engineer/Active Directory Engineer position within the Enterprise Infrastructure Services, Cloud, Compute and Storage Operations team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Subject matter expert in compute, storage, system virtualization, and cloud technologies
- Key member of the technical team responsible for enterprise system engineering
- Primary focus is building and deploying new solutions for internal customers from the universityâ€™s enterprise technology portfolio
- As a secondary function, the team also provides higher tier incident response in support of IT operations
- Serve as an Active Directory Systems Engineer for our clients and will work on multiple efforts
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong experience developing Active Directory migration strategies, identifying required tools, and executing the strategies;
- Demonstrated experience with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Demonstrated experience with Domain Name System (DNS)
- Strong experience in Domain migration and divestiture experience;
- Strong experience in administering AD and GPOs (Group Policies);
- Familiarity with data networking technologies and concepts;
- Familiarity with scripting or programming;
- Ability to quickly understand systems, services, applications and technologies and use them to build solutions for enterprise customers;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple concurrent tasks;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and Must be:
- A citizen of the United States, or
- A person who is a lawful permanent resident of the United States (a Green Card holder), or
- A person who formally has been granted asylum by the United States (a protected individual as defined by US law), or
- A person whose permanent address is in the United States and who is not a national (including dual-national) of any country which is subject to a US arms embargo. See the list of countries: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECFR?gp=&SID=70e390c181ea17f847fa696c47e3140a&mc=true&r=PART&n=pt22.1.126#se22.1.126_11/ Preferred Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline;
- Microsoft System Administration certifications;
- Red Hat or other Linux System Administration certifications;
- System/Network Administration or Design certifications;
- Significant experience in a systems administration or engineering role in a multi-user environment; and
- Experience leading implementation project teams and/or providing technical consulting services to internal or external customers.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 01683z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3)professional references.References must include name, email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-02-05