Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The Department of Communication seeks an administrator to manage the business of its forensics speech team. This is a 20-hour a week position, reporting directly to the department office manager. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The person who holds this position will:
- Manage cash advances and travel requests for team travel;
- Process team reimbursement requests;
- Assist with tournament registrations;
- Book hotels and secure transportation to events:
- Process hiring paperwork for team employees and approve timesheets;
- Monitor the team budgets, reconcile and report on them to the director of the program and to the department;
- Create and maintain the team roster and competition schedules of team members and coaches participating in particular events;
- Maintain team media, such as listservs and social media;
- Support the scheduling, publicity and organization of Mason-hosted tournaments and of team-related summer programs and any other duties as requested by the director of forensics and the department.
- Experience reading and tracking budgets;
- Experience reading, interpreting and following administrative policies;
- Evidence of strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail;
- Evidence of the ability to communicate and work well with others;
- Familiarity with Excel and Word. Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of or experience in forensics speech;
- Basic knowledge of web content management systems and additional digital technologies such as listservs;
- Knowledge of Mason based systems (banner, microstrategy, patriotweb);
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or a combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :