Information Technology Specialist 2
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) â€“ located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a Systems Engineer/SCCM position within the Enterprise Infrastructure Services, Cloud, Compute and Storage Operations team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Providing support services for Microsoft SCCM infrastructure and Windows-based systems for the Enterprise;
- Providing support for the following:
- Existing Microsoft SCCM infrastructure, as well as responsibility for the performance/scalability/integration of additional SCCM servers as they are deployed to support the distributed environment;
- Technical support; system administration; troubleshooting; networking; system security; system integration; and research and analysis of active directory services, including directory management, group policy management, and Identity Management solutions;
- Microsoft Active Directory Federated Services infrastructure in support of the O365 environment;
- Authentication services using multifactor technologies and certificate-based smart card technologies and protocols;
- Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS,) Microsoft Key Management Services (KMS), and Symantec antivirus protection servers; and
- Providing server management, customer support, and timely maintenance and problem resolution of service delivery requests, to include technical customer consultation for needs analysis, assessment, problem resolution and recommendations for computer hardware and software.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in information systems, computer science, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following:
- SQL-based application administration;
- Microsoft PowerShell scripting;
- Networking technologies and protocols;
- Microsoft Windows and IIS server administration;
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Supporting Microsoft Server/SCCM;
- Supporting 1,000 or more desktops and 10 or more servers in multiple physical locations;
- Managing multiuser computer systems;
- Effectively securing Microsoft server systems using best practices;
- The candidate must possess:
- Ability to oversee the installation and configuration of server hardware;
- Progressively responsible experience with technical computing support environments;
- Effective communication/organizational/documentation skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and independently; and
- Must be:
- A citizen of the United States, or
- A person who is a lawful permanent resident of the United States (a Green Card holder), or
- A person who formally has been granted asylum by the United States (a protected individual as defined by US law), or
- A person whose permanent address is in the United States and who is not a national (including dual-national) of any country which is subject to a US arms embargo. See the list of countries: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECFR?gp=&SID=70e390c181ea17f847fa696c47e3140a&mc=true&r=PART&n=pt22.1.126#se22.1.126_11/ Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience supporting Microsoft Server/SCCM systems;
- Demonstrated experience managing multiuser computer systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following:
- Enterprise Windows Active Directory Domain Administration;
- Active Directory process automation (VBS and PowerShell scripting);
- Active Directory Group policy administration;
- Active Directory Federated Services technologies and protocols;
- Forefront Identity Manager technologies and protocols;
- Multifactor authentication technologies and protocols;
- Certificate-based smart card technologies and protocols;
- Certificate Authority technologies and protocols;
- Microsoft Key Management Services technology for Windows and Office;
- Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management Tool;
- Remote Desktop Gateway technology and Terminal Services;
- Symantec Endpoint Protection technology;
- Security benchmarking, vulnerability scanning, and remediation technologies and procedures;
- Working knowledge of common server based applications;
- Experience with programming, development, and scripting technologies;
- Experience with backup/restore/disaster recovery for Microsoft data and applications;
- Experience working with Dell server hardware;
- Current Microsoft MCSE certification(s) (MCITP, MCTS, MCP);
- CompTIA certification; and
- Dell product certification.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02034z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3)professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-02-05