Staff Auditor, II
Sparks Group is in search of a Staff Auditor to join one of Washington, DC’s “Best Places to Work”! Ranked as “One of the Best Accounting Firms to Work For”, you will be a part of a company who prides itself in promoting individual growth and developing it’s superstars in to future partners of the firm.
- Analyze and audit accounts including grants, contracts, contributions, sales, accounts and grants receivable, and contingent liabilities.
- Assist in planning, executing and wrap-up engagements while maintaining a high level of realization.
- Prepare work papers and adjust journal entries.
- Prepare management letters and other reports to client management.
- Assist in the preparation or prepare accurate financial statement and footnote disclosures.
- Working knowledge of firm budgeting procedures.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Bachelors degree in accounting required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant public accounting experience.
- Exceptional project management, analytical, research, and written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to pay extreme attention to detail.
- Dedication to development and enhancement of team environment.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously (multi-task) and effectively and efficiently prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel to and from various client worksites.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Must exhibit a positive, mature attitude and maintain a neat, clean appearance.
- Proficiency with CaseWare and Excel.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.