Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is hiring a Building Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity at our Springfield plant location. In this role you will play in important role in the publishing and printing The Washington Post. This position is a part time Saturday night shift schedule.
- Monitor meters and other instruments attached to the equipment
- Conduct building tours each shift, take regular instrument readings, keep a log of the equipment's operation.
- Inspect equipment and look for any parts that need adjustment, lubrication, or repair
- Make minor repairs or completely overhaul equipment, depending on the situation.
- Keep records of all the routine service and repair activities
- Be familiar with computers and know how to operate computer-controlled equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude and should be in good physical condition
- Ability to keep track of details and understand the importance of following schedules.
- Familiarity with or ability to operate, maintain and repair
- Boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water
- Refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature
- Air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control
- Natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
- Water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains and water lines.
- Electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
- Fuel oil systems, including pumps, valves, lines, controls and fuel tanks.
- Sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, basins, water closets, urinals, toilets and piping.
- Electrical power distribution and auxiliaries for building's lighting, mechanical, plumbing and control components, including lighting maintenance.
- DC 3rd Class Engineer or MD 1st Class Engineer
- Universal CFC Certified