Finance and Grants Manager
A global Non-Profit organization needs a Finance and Grants Manager for their team in Tyson’s Corner. This contract-to-hire role is an amazing opportunity for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about helping others, with a strong working knowledge of grants management and finance.
- Finance management including payroll, monthly expense reporting, bill payment, tax preparation, expense reimbursements, and other as needed.
- Confirm that all financial expenses are aligned with grant and program budgets.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Monitor the performance of all grants.
- Lead the reporting process on all grants to ensure compliance with approved policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing proposal budgets before submission determine the level of financial support and resource capacity needed for implementation.
- Prepare budget narratives and supporting notes to accompany proposals.
- Lead the development and/or refinement of a set of internal financial controls, systems, and reporting functionality that meet requirements for US Government funding compliance and are in line with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Design, develop and maintain grants management database, filing system, and oversight procedures for all grant agreements and financial reports.
- Develop and institute a process to create and review budget vs. actual reports
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience as a nonprofit accountant/finance professional, ideally in international development
- Proven success in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants.
- Experience with major development donors, including US Government agencies (USAID, CDC), is strongly preferred.
- Strong experience managing financial reporting, budget development and analysis, general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, income tax and banking.
- Demonstrated ability with reviewing, creating, and implementing new systems and approaches to financial and grant management
- Experience designing and managing subgrants to partner organizations strongly preferred.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.