Sparks Group has partnered with several prominent and successful companies in the Metro DC area to identify junior-to-senior level Audit associates for contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire opportunities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be exposed to assurance as a whole as you work on multiple engagements each year with large and small companies in various industries.
- Participate in audits of financial statements and employee benefit plans
- Study and evaluate clients' internal controls; assist in determining the extent of test-checking required in an audit and select the transactions to be tested; identify weaknesses where present
- Prepare and review working papers; verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters
- Prepare financial statements and management letters
- Prepare recommendations for inclusion in audit file
- Adhere to engagement budgets and assist in budgeting process
- Plan and administer smaller engagements, with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exams upon starting employment required; or Actively pursuing completion of CPA exams preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask
- Able to perform effectively in a team environment and interact professionally with all levels of client personnel
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.